Chapter 28

Isirona burst back into the gym with Zali right behind her. As the door swung open, she snapped her fingers and the music was quickly silenced, getting everyone to groan in frustration as their favorite song was snuffed out.

Isirona released Zali's arm and waved her hands before her getting a table and chair to slide across the room and come to a halt in front of her. She walked up the now slanted chair like a ramp, stepping onto the top of the table before she cupped her hands over her mouth, using a spell to amplify her voice over the entire room with ease.

"Attention students and teachers, there is an individual casting powerful magic somewhere on the property. If you know who it is, please bring them to our attention before they get into more trouble than their aware of." Isirona explained.

The crowd looked around, wondering who it was and if anyone actually intended to give their friends up. Instead there was silence, and Isirona glared towards the crowds of kids.

"Unfortunately for them, I have an affinity for magic, and can sense it's exact location." She pointed towards the back corner of the room.

The crowd parted, and a young woman stood up glaring at Isirona with a fire in her eyes that was most certainly unnatural.

"You are in a room filled with both professional Hunters and Hunters in training. I ask how you expected to get away with this?" Isirona returned the glare, her eyes spiraling with her powerful magic, like it was threatening to break free.

The girl made her way through the crowd and towards Isirona, standing just before her table without a glint of fear in her eyes. "It's odd isn't it? How the only one who noticed my magic was a demon?"

A few of the teachers who stood up for Isirona, including Grizzlak and McDunna stepped forward to apprehend the woman, but Isirona held up her hand to stop them.

"I am a demon yes. But that does not excuse casting that spell here."

"How is it that you knew the spell I was using?"

"I never said I did. I have an attunement to magic due to my Succubus nature."

"You just told me I shouldn't cast that spell. Which implies that you know which one it was." The girl glared.

"Indeed I know it. What are you trying to prove?"

"The spell I was casting was a Cleansing Ritual. Of course I was casting it under my table and on nothing in particular. But why is it that a Succubus like you, knows how to take magic away from people?" The woman glared.

"Well that's rather simple." A voice rang out over the crowd as Aileena stepped from the group of students wearing a tunic with a leather vest, as well as casual gentlemen's pants, telling everyone she had just stepped out of Exodious. "My sister and I are Sentinels at the Wizard's Tower, and we have a duty to protect that realm from people who would use abilities like yours to simply cast powerful and dangerous spells like that without rime or reason." She explained.

Zali broke out into a smile seeing Isirona's sister appear at the perfect time. She also noticed a woman with fiery red hair, and she was clearly a vampire, with bronze eyes as part of the crowd of people watching. The woman caught Zali staring, and gave her a quick thumbs up before pointing across the room at another woman with jet black hair and glowing Gold eyes.

"So demons reserve the right to choose who gets to use magic and who doesn't?" The woman snarled, turning to glare at Aileena as she stood behind her, basically trapping the woman between the two most powerful Succubi known to mankind.

"The Headmaster of the Wizard's Tower is a human, and the school itself was created and designed by Merlin himself, also a human." Isirona added. "It was he who learned the technique and taught it to us to prevent people like Mab, Morgan and Mordred from using their deadly magic to cause harm to people not just us demons."