Chapter 48

"I'm not looking forward to another dance." Zali complained as she lay on top of her lover.

The two of them were laying on the couch, not quite watching anything even though the television was on. Instead they were just enjoying each other's presence. At least, that was the intention.

Isirona ran her hands down Zali's back, gently massaging everywhere they touched getting the young mage to let out a groan of satisfaction. "Relax my love, it will be far less of a dance, and more of a simple get together." She explained. She was on her back with Zali laying on top of her and facing her, like she had simply fallen against her when they went to sit down.

Zali rubbed her face into Isirona's chest with a frustrated groan. "I know I've been acting like I don't worry or care about being the center of attention but I really hate anywhere where there's a lot of people, and I just know the whole school is going to show up and Vanessa is definately going to make a scene!"

Isirona laughed and gave her girlfriend a pat on the back. "Don't forget to breathe my love. You may be immortal but you're not dead."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. With how short of breath I always am I obviously still have to breathe." Zali grumbled. "Come on, can't you and Nyx prevent us from throwing this stupid party?"

"I think it's a good idea." Izzy shrugged. "It's a way for everyone to feel like their voice is going to be heard, not just the council's. Since Janet and Vanessa are always going door to door asking, this is a good way to get everyone to come to them for help instead."

Zali grumbled something else, but Isirona just laughed at her. "You don't have to go, my love." She noted.

"I think Vanessa won't ever let it go if I don't."

"By now I'm sure she's aware you're not interesed in parties." Isirona placed a gentle kiss atop Zali's head.

"Even if she knows I don't enjoy them, she'll still make it her life's mission to torment me because I didn't go"

"I think you're greatly overestimating her reaction." The succubus chuckled.

"Don't laugh at me." The mage growled.

"I'm sorry. I just find your overthinking amusing."

"If you're not going to offer useful advice..."

"You misunderstand. I can't make this decision for you, and the only advice I'd give is for you to do what you wanted to." Isirona explained. "If you think Vanessa will tease you for not going, you're mistaken."

"You really think it's so easy huh?" Zali grumbled.

"I really do."

The young mage sighed deeply, closing her eyes. "I guess you have a point."

"You guess?"

"Don't push it."

Isirona chuckled once more. "Is there perhaps a way I can distract you from your brooding?"

"Not today." Zali answered, seeming to shift uncomfortably. "My chest really hurts today."

"Unfortunate." Isirona sighed. "I was looking forward to it."

"Well, maybe I will ask Chysolite if she can help me. Kai offered to ask her for me but I shot her down before."

"Why did you refuse?"

"Because it wouldn't be fair of Chysolite to fix my health problems when so many other people are suffering."

"But she offered to help you."

"It's still not fair to other people."

"You made friends with Kai out of your own kindness. You didn't do it so Chysolite would help you." Isirona smiled. "Kai wants to reward you for your kindness."