Chapter 18

"An ancient succubus." The Beast Master muttered, staring at Isirona with a look of wonder on his face.

Izzy smiled softly. "I hope your not getting any ideas."

"Oh no! I'd never risk jeopardizing this chance to learn all I can about you!" He explained.

"I see." Izzy watched curiously as the man walked around her, eyeing her body, but not out of lust.

"It's amazing how perfectly you appear to be human. You didn't even set off my detectors!" He exclaimed with a grin.

"My transformation is different, and I'm not going to give away it's secrets just yet."

"No, no. I understand. I wouldn't want you to think I'm doing this so we can learn how to kill or counter you. I simply asked you here for my own curiosity."

"So you said."

"I didn't think you'd come if I'm honest. I was worried you'd feel used." The man stood in front of her and studied her expression. Izzy wondered if he was well versed in psychology as well.

"I figured it'd be beneficial of me to try to get along with the other teachers here."

"Agreed! I'm glad you think so. Now... I know you wouldn't be comfortable with a physical examination, so do you think you could tell me about your culture? Or certain things that you know are different between humans and succubi? Or at the very least the differences between you and a succubus that we're used to seeing."

"You're aware we don't kill our partners right?"

"Of course. I've studied succubi myself, and am well aware that they're endeavors are non-lethal."

"Of course repeated visits in recent succession can be draining, they rarely ever result in a person's death."

"Do you take donations to an incubus?"

"That trait occurred later in our evolution. Our population is quite low compared to our cousins the vampires. In order to keep up we had to find a way to create more fertility in women. Turns out, the succubus gene is dominant, and a child born from a succubus and a human will always be a succubus, even if the mother was the human. Because of which we tended to use humans as surrogates since they were more fertile than we were. I say fertile, but in reality we were too... promiscuous to carry a child." Izzy smiled guiltily.

"Is the gene dominant with other species?" The beast master questioned, writing things down on a notepad.

"What was your name again?"

"Walker." He answered.

"Right. Not particularly so." Izzy sat down on a chair he had prepared for her. "Succubi can create hybrids with vampires. With dragons they tend to be more lustful, but it's not by way of feeding, just craving. I guess in most cases the gene is..." She chuckled. "Submissive."

Walker smirked. "Well said."

"In any case, Succubi themselves evolved from Devils. Which you don't see very often because they usually only leave their dimension when summoned, in order to create a contract. Succubi were devils that wanted to live for themselves, and eventually evolved to suit their new needs." She explained.

"Devils stay in the Underworld correct?"

"Yes. Their government is decided by power and status. The leaders are known as the Nine Circles, representing the nine sins. Each head of a circle shares the name of the circle they represent. When they are defeated in battle, the victor takes the name in their stead. But there has been nothing but peace in the Underworld for millennia. The only enemy they had were the angels."