Chapter 30

"Feeling any better?" Bianca whispered, sitting on the edge of Isirona's fluffy bed, gently taking Zali's free hand, as the other was trapped in Isirona's grip and she was asleep.

"I'm in a lot of pain... but I guess that's better than the alternative." Zali confessed with a soft smile, then looked down at the succubus asleep on her stomach once again. "She's been here the whole time right?"

"She hasn't stepped away from this bed since you were put in it. She barely ate anything, and has probably been surviving off your mana alone." Bianca shrugged. "I've never seen anyone worry that much."

"You didn't worry about your own daughter?"

"Of course I worried." Bianca glared. "You really think I wasn't worried sick?" She shook her head. "But no, Isirona was far more petrified than I. I had to assure her that everything would be okay. Plus, I've never seen emotional turmoil prevent control over a transformation but here she is. Still without control."

"She'll get it back right?" Zali asked, guilt in her eyes.

"Of course. But she needs her magic back first, and because of all her stress getting it back has been slow." Bianca noted, looking at the sleeping Succubus. "But she'll get better. And she'll go back to pampering you like a spoiled kid."

"I don't really like being spoiled, and she doesn't really do that. She showers me with affection, but she makes me do my own homework and never buys or makes me things..."

"That's why me and your father got along so well." Bianca smirked. "I don't think he ever bought me anything but flowers."

"That's one of the reasons why I like her." Zali smiled softly. "I know when we first met I didn't trust her. No matter what she did I just couldn't. But now... after seeing this..." she motioned to the sleeping succubus. "How can I not trust her?"

"You can't not trust her." Bianca laughed. "So you just focus on getting better okay?"

"Hey, Vanessa is okay too right?" Zali questioned.

Bianca chuckled to herself. "Vanessa is fine. She's doing a lot better. Unfortunately for you, because you're not her mate, your technically enthralled to her."

Zali blinked. "Excuse me?"

"Isirona, Aileena and I weakened the spell so it won't work as intended, but you'll still find yourself compelled to do the things she asks you to. And she'll know where you are, at all times."

Zali went to sit up but Bianca put a hand on her shoulder to hold her down. "Are you kidding me?! I don't need another babysitter! Isirona's bad enough!"

"It'll be okay." She laughed. "She's not going to be a problem for you. This I know. Vanessa has a heart of Gold. If she didn't, she wouldn't be suffering Quicksilver poisoning right now."

"W-what? You said she was fine!"

"She is fine. But mercury is toxic to her human half, and she needed to be human to turn you, otherwise she would have killed you. So she had to expose herself to the poison more." Bianca explained. "She's healthy... just..." Bianca shrugged a bit and turned her head.

"Just what?"

"She'll look a little different from now on is all, and she can't use her seals for a while till it's out of her system."

"But Mercury shouldn't affect vampires. She should just heal."

"Because of the way mercury is toxic, and I can't express how toxic it is when in a human bloodstream... but the way it's used in our weapons, makes it bind to the blood to increase it's potency. Because she had to stay human, it bound more permanently, something that rarely ever happens. Her vampire blood attempted to heal her human blood that was bound to the quicksilver."