Chapter 33

Zali was leaned over her desk doing her homework. She leaned back in her chair and winced at the sharp pain that shot through her body before nearly banging her head against her desk.

The vines adjusted themselves more comfortably before tightening a bit to brace her better, and Zali turned and smiled softly at Dale who was laying on her stomach on the young mage's bed going through a binder with a pen in her mouth.

"Do you know when Izzy's going to get home?" Zali questioned.

"She should be home in an hour or so. Probably less." Dale answered. "The meeting was a requirement."

"Then why aren't you there with her?"

"She asked me to stay with you." The Nymph answered. "I can't exactly help you heal when I'm not with you."

"You're still using healing magic on me?"

"I am."

"How have you not run out like Isirona did?"

"I'm not healing you with the same magic that Isirona was. When you first got hurt I was, but now I'm just using nature to help you heal, and that magic is powered differently." Dale explained.

"Good to know."

"As long as Lady Isirona's garden is taken care of, my magic is limitless."

Zali turned back to her homework, doing her best to keep her focus on the pages before her. Unfortunately, her pain made it difficult to focus. Before long she noticed the sweat dripping down her forehead just from sitting there in pain.

She jumped, which only hurt her more, when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up finding Isirona smiling guiltily at her, before looking back down at her papers in frustration. "I'm really far behind Isirona." She confessed.

"It can't be helped." Isirona explained. "You got hurt, and unfortunately you can't rush the healing process by much."

"This is agony Isirona. I can't even sit in a chair for an hour without feeling like death. If I lost an arm It probably wouldn't hurt this bad."

"Well I can make you a new arm." Isirona confessed. "I can't give you a new body...well... I could."

"If you're not going to offer good advice..." Zali grumbled.

"I wouldn't recommend the Spriggan my lady. But I can try something else." Dale called from the bed.

"You better not have been thinking about putting a Spriggan in my body. It could have killed me." Zali growled.

"It was just an idea, I never said I would actually go through with something like that." Isirona shook her head and waved her off nervously. "There's a lot I would do for you, but I'd do nothing without your permission."

"What did you have in mind Dale?" Zali questioned, leaning back a bit so she could look past Isirona to Dale.

"I can manipulate my vines to merge with your body, but the effect would be permanent."

"And of course would allow you or Ciera to actually use her body as a part of nature you can disappear to." Isirona raised an eyebrow.

"That's true, I didn't even think of that."

"What? Like possession?" Zali questioned. "It's bad enough that Isirona can possess me, I really don't think I like the idea of you doing it too."

"It would heal her wounds, and create another layer of defense for you Zali." Dale shrugged. "But it's not something you should worry about now, as it would take a bit of time and likely hurt unless Lady Isirona numbs your pain completely."