Chapter 58

Isirona landed just in time to see Kai spin kick a wave of flames towards Vax who blocked with more of his vines, only to have those very same vines explode with green ones that spread out to try and catch him. He stumbled backwards and launched a whip of pure ice towards Ciera who blocked it with a small tree that shot out of the ground at her feet.

Vax went to run away, but Kai moved to block his escape, and tried to kick him with a flaming foot.

Isirona collected magic in her hands before placing her fingertips against the ground at her feet. A large purple rune materialized in front of her before a large etherial paw broke free from the ground. A massive werewolf like creature the size of a large bus pulled itself out of the ground from inside the rune, with chains wrapping around his entire body. He had swords and spears sticking out of his back and shoulders like porcupine quills, and some of his teeth were broken. The creature looked like it had seen a thousand battles, and somehow survived every single one.

Vax stumbled back in fear of the creature as it charged towards her on all fours before standing over him, saliva dripping from it's maw onto his face as he stared up at it.

"What the hell is this creature!?" Vax cried out.

"That would be Fenrir." Isirona admitted as she stood up. "He's bound in chains in the void, but those of us with the knowledge can summon him at their leasure. His only compensation for his summons, is a sacrifice."

"You intend to sacrifice my body!?" Vax asked.

"Don't be foolish. I intend to sacrifice you." Isirona answered, before snapping her fingers.

In one quick motion, Fenrir rammed a claw into Vax's chest where bright blue cracks spread up his body like webs.

"Fenrir's claws rend a person's soul from their bodies. Even if your true soul is somewhere else entirely or bound to something else, his magic claws will draw it back to your host so he can harvest it for himself." Isirona explained as she crossed her arms over her chest and glared. "You should have left me in peace Vax. You could have enjoyed a few thousand more years of your immortality."

"I'll get you for this!" Vax snarled.

"No. I don't think you will."

"My curse is still in effect! You can only break free of it for so long before it returns!"

"Yes, that's true. I can do nothing about the curse. But the blood of a divine can cleanse any curse." Isirona explained, motioning towards Kai. "And I happen to have made friends with one such being in my time here at the college. Unfortunately Vax, you've lost."

"Divine blood doesn't fix curses you fool. It's a myth! If it worked then I wouldn't have lost my first body!"

"Once again, you drown in your own ignorance. Divine blood cannot be taken. It must be freely given. Unfortunately for you, you don't have any Gods willing to give you but a drop of their blood to fix your curses. Had you not been such a rotten being, I believe Kai would have gladly helped you. She has been known to show mercy even to the wicked, though they must repent of course." Isirona shrugged. "Thankfully though, I've made friends with her. So yes, I will be cured."

Vax's eyes filled with pure fear as Fenrir opened his jaws just as the blue cracks covered most of the man's skin. Fenrir then clamped his jaws over the necromaner's head, severing it from his body before turning to glare over his shoulder at Isirona.

"A necromaner who's collected a thousand souls. Is that not a good enough offering?"

"You constantly summon me for your petty squabbles little demon. Why not use me for something bigger. I long for a real challenge."