Chapter 19

"Again." The succubus ordered.

"I just did it four times, give me a break."

"You can go several more times than that." Izzy scoffed.

Zali growled and readied her stance holding up her barrier as the succubus fired lightning at it. Zali's barrier absorbed the purple electricity and it turned green as it sparked up her shield. Izzy held her hands out as Zali pushed forward, the shield being thrown forward, slamming into Izzy's hands with it's green magic sparking violently.

Izzy closed her fists and the shield folded, before turning purple before throwing it back like a blade instead of a shield.

Zali punched, and her green magic enveloped the purple as she turned it into a gauntlet of pure energy that fit perfectly up to her elbow. She then let it fade where she looked back at her succubus for approval.

"That one looked much better, but I sensed your waning."

"Appearance isn't everything." Zali answered.

Izzy smiled. "If you do something flawlessly, you're opponent will know you are not someone to be trifled with."

"I suppose. I still think it's kind of pointless to do this over and over again in one night. Why not move onto something new?"

"Tomorrow morning I will be drilling the same thing into Vanessa while you sleep soundly till noon from the workout you're getting now." Izzy answered. "Casting a spell over and over is how you perfect it. If someone was to attack you, you can defend yourself and retaliate. If they use your blow against you, you can turn it back into a shield."

"I doubt they will cast the same attack over and over again though." Zali grumbled.

"You want something unique?" Izzy smiled.

"They won't always be throwing blades and lightning." Zali answered.

"Very well. Ready yourself."

Zali grumbled again but took her stance. She readied her barrier, preparing for her teacher's attack. The succubus collected fire in her hands before launching it behind her, throwing herself forward where her flaming fist slammed into the barrier hard enough to throw Zali back a few feet, her barrier barely holding.

"What the hell was that?" Zali snapped.

"Some mages prefer to get up close, combining melee with magic. A deadly style, as in duels its hard to counter. You will have to keep moving to maintain a barrier now." Izzy smirked, her fire exploding under fer feet once again launching herself forward where she slammed her foot into the barrier.

Zali stepped back then pushed forward, pushing her arm out and pushing out the barrier forcing Isirona back where she shuffled to the side, holding her flaming hands up in front of her face like a boxer. She then dashed back towards the young mage and punched forwards, but Zali managed to move her head out of the way of the blow before pushing her arm up, slamming her barrier into Izzy's chest.

Izzy stepped back with a grin. "You adapt well." She noted before stepping back in and swinging again. This time when Zali went to strike, Izzy kicked her arm out of the way and slammed a flaming foot into her chest sending her flying onto her back.

Zali groaned before looking down at the scorch mark on her shirt. "I guess I still have a lot to learn." She confessed.

"Indeed. But you'll get there." Izzy smiled before helping her to her feet.

Zali brushed the front of her shirt. "This was my favorite..." She muttered.

Izzy snapped her fingers and the scorch mark vanished, returning the shirt to the way it was without any damage at all.