Chapter 74

Zali and Kendra made their way down the hallway from the student council office. They were off to find Nyx's office to speak to her about her possibly speaking to a couple other hybrids who had been experiencing difficulties adjusting to the school. They weren't being bullied, but rather, found it difficult to co-exist when they were so different.

Orenda already oftered to and attempted to speak with them, but her being a hybrid of a vampire and a Zealot made her have very little faults making it difficult to relate to them.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Kendra questioned, glancing to Zali.

"Nyx is the only other hybrid I know about. I wouldn't say she has difficulty with her nature but Devin certainly has plenty to say about it." Zali shrugged.

"I've only met her a few times." Kendra answered. "The only other Baitals I know are Sol and Mani from the tower, but I guess they only recently revealed that they were hybrids while for a few thousand years everyone thought they were just vampires."

"Why hide it?"

"I don't know. They didn't explain why. It just kind of became common knowledge and no one really cared to ask."

"Weird. As far as I'm aware Nyx is very proud of her nature. But she is the only hybrid I've had the pleasure of meeting, besides Orenda. But I guess she doesn't count."

Kendra rolled her eyes. "Those kids looked so confused to have Orenda compare herself to them. They acted like she was basically a god but those kids probably didn't know what a Zealot even was."

"I didn't until Chysolite explained it to me."

"Well, you live in the human world. Two of those kids lived in Exodious but still didn't seem to grasp it. Which is honestly kind of insulting."

"What do you mean?"

"If you live in Exodious, I think it's only fair you learn about the people who made sure your world funtioned."

"I guess it's a matter of opinion."

"If your entire existance was built around making sure the world didn't implode on itself and people not only disrespected you but didn't even know who or what you were would you seriously not be upset by that?" Kendra raised an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't even begin to know how I would react to that."

There was a few moments of silence as they continued down the hall. As they rounded the corner to Nyx's office, Zali spoke up again.

"Hey Kendra."

"What is it?"

"Your last name is Fae."

"And?"

"Are you related to Morgan? The spelling is wrong but-"

"I am. People usually use the incorrect spelling when speaking of Morgan, which is usually a good thing in my case considering she was a murderous bitch." Kendra offered.

"Oh..." Zali blinked. "Well... Does Sylvia know that?"

"I would be very surprised if she didn't. I'm the spitting image of her."

"So like... are you her Granddaughter? Or?"

"I'm not entirely sure how far down the line I am. The way my father talked about her she was probably my grandmother, but I've only met her rarely. To be honest, I'm glad. My father made her sound like a hero, but all he talked about was getting revenge on the Pendragons for what happened. I was a little surprised to find out that Sylvia was a succubus, meaning some of what my father said was true. But just because she's a demon, doesn't make her or Arthur a traitorous tyrant of a King. As far as I'm aware, he was a good King."