Chapter 62

Zali sat at the table beside Isirona and watched Chysolite help push Kai into the table across from them. "Thanks for joining us on such short notice." Zali smiled.

"It really was good timing then wasn't it?" Isirona smiled, leaning her head onto her hand.

"I guess it really was." Chysolite smirked. "You guys were doing date night at the same time as us."

"Is Vanessa not with you?" Kai questioned, her ears flicking a bit and turning to the right.

Isirona and Zali both exchanged glances curiously before turning their heads to see Vanessa seated at the bar with Ciera and Jade. Zali face palmed and Isirona smiled nervously.

"Let's see how long it takes her to notice." Chysolite chuckled.

"She's already noticed." Zali grumbled.

"She likely followed us here." Isirona admitted.

Zali leaned forward to look past Isirona where she whistled loudly getting the three women at the bar, along with pretty much everyone else in the restaurant to look over at them. She then motioned to Vanessa that she could join them. The vampire waved nervously and hopped off the bar stool and made her way over. The rest of the restauraunt seemed to realize something might go down so they went back to what they were doing.

Vanessa stood at the end of the table. "Sorry I followed you." She glanced over her shoulder almost nervously.

"Are you okay?" Zali asked.

"You seem... off." Isirona noted.

"The guy at the end of the bar." Vanessa answered. "He cut himself with a knife because he's so blasted he couldn't aim for his steak."

"Are you okay?" Zali repeated.

Vanessa glanced back over towards Ciera and Jade, the latter of which was sipping her drink with a guilty smile. Ciera was watching Vanessa with nothing but concern. "I want to leave." Vanessa admitted.

"But he's by the door." Kai noted.

Vanessa toyed with a ring between her fingers, like she was debating on putting it on.

"Is that your seal?" Zali asked.

"If I do, the mercury will spread... but I just need a few seconds..."

Kai held out her hand towards the vampire who cautiously took her hand. Very quickly Vanessa seemed to relax where her face broke out into a grin. "Brilliant. Thank you so much."

"I would leave now." Kai noted. "I don't know how long that will hold for. I'm not familiar with doing that."

Vanessa's smile held as she pulled Kai's hand up to her lips to plant a kiss on the back of her hand. "Thank you so much!" She repeated before jogging back to Ciera and Jade where they followed her and the three of them left together.

"I didn't know Vanessa had issues with bloodlust?" Isirona questioned.

"Me neither. I thought she had gotten plenty of practice." Zali shrugged.

"Unless that man has her favorite blood type." Chysolite noted, watching the girls leave.

"Can't you do something to help her Chys?" Zali asked.

Chysolite looked a bit guilty. "There are certain things I can do, but really shouldn't." She explained. "I can help Kai control Vanessa's powers but I can't help her myself."

"You could. You just can't bend reality." Kai corrected.

"True. But even I can't cure Vampirism without bending reality."