Chapter 24

Zali wasn't sure how she was doing well in her classes. Even the ones where she wasn't being taught by her lover, she knew she wasn't paying attention to them, yet she was still easily passing her tests.

Was Isirona pulling strings?

Zali doubted that. As much as Isirona loved helping Zali, she also made sure that she didn't spoil her, especially when it came to school work. She was a teacher after all.

Vanessa elbowed Zali gently as she came up behind her, getting her attention without startling her. "How'd you do?"

"Somehow, I aced it." Zali answered, showing her sister the paper.

"What do you mean somehow? You know you're the best student in this school." Vanessa rolled her eyes.

Zali rolled her eyes. "Thanks, but seriously. I haven't been paying attention for the last week because Izzy has been sick."

"She's been sick for a while hasn't she?" Vanessa sighed.

"She told me she was going to show up today even if it killed her, but Dale didn't seem to want to let her." Zali explained walking towards Isirona's classroom. "She looked a lot better this morning so I don't know."

"She seemed better." Vanessa agreed. "She was downstairs eating breakfast with us."

"She said she was sick of breakfast in bed." Zali noted.

They headed into the classroom as it began filling up, taking their seats at their desks with Isirona writing on her chalkboard. Zali smiled seeing the Succubus writing with her left hand.

"I guess that's actually her today." Vanessa whispered, grinning at her sister.

"What? Yeah." Zali caught herself staring before looking back to Vanessa.

"She's glad you noticed." Vanessa laughed.

Isirona turned back to the class as the bell rang. "Morning class! We're going to do a little brushing up on our history today." She explained, motioning to the board.

There was a language that Zali recognized but couldn't read written on one side, and a diagram for casting a specific spell on the other half.

"What language is that?" Someone asked, which made Zali happy she didn't have to ask.

"I'm glad you asked." Izzy smiled before pointing to Vanessa. "Read the first line."

Vanessa blinked, curious as to why she was picked before reading aloud. "'Broken by time, healed by touch.'" She read. "Why do I understand it but no one else does?"

"Because it's written in the language of demons. You being a vampire, makes reading it second nature." Isirona explained. "As a mage, it's a requirement to learn this language. Some of our most powerful spells were taught by mages from Exodious, and they tend to write in their language and not ours."

The class groaned.

"Fear not. It's not my job to teach it to you." Isirona laughed. "I'm simply proving a point at the moment. From Vanessa reading you the first line of this spell, you're aware it's some type of healing spell, but you know nothing else. Perhaps, it's a summoning ritual. But maybe it can bring back a demon sealed for a reason. You wouldn't know unless you could read this."

"Like how the book you were trapped in said 'Do not Open'?" Vanessa raised an eyebrow getting the class to laugh.

"Precisely." Isirona smiled. "Though, personally I enjoy not being trapped in said book. Back onto the subject at hand." She pointed to the spell. "Normally I don't teach healing spells, but this one is recommended to those of you looking to become Hunters for your guild. You'll get sent on a mission, and the foe you were sent to face happens to enjoy using explosives." Isirona smirked as Dale appeared beside her before weaving a fake human dummy out of branches. She then bowed to the class and stepped back.