Chapter 47

Vanessa stared at the back of Sylvia's head, wondering why she was working so hard on student council work when she could be tormenting Evania. She assumed the Succubus was head over heels for her, and sure enough a quick conversation with Janet revealed just that.

Turned out that the succubus was just starting to weasel her way into the vampire's good graces.

Sylvia clearly caught her staring because she turned around and made eye contact with Vanessa while smirking.

As the meeting ended, Vanessa jogged over to Sylvia and Janet who were just finishing something up. "Hey, what are you guys working on?" Vanessa questioned, glancing at some of their paperwork as Zali made her way over with Kai. The former was gently holding Kai's arm. The vampire heard Zali mention something about "Making sure my sister doesn't kill anyone" to the fox but said nothing of it.

Sylvia smiled gently. "Janet and I were thinking about throwing a party for the students, but we didn't know how to go about doing it." The succubus confessed.

"That sounds like a brilliant idea!" Vanessa grinned. She went to suggest things to them but Zali cut her off.

"Vanessa, they can't just throw a party on the campus. They have to plan it and it has to be approved by the Board of Directors." Zali explained.

"Not only that, but planning an event means taking into account what everyone can and cannot eat." Kai added.

"Exactly." Sylvia nodded.

"And because some things that some races eat can be toxic to others, everything would have to be properly labeled with someone standing to make sure no one takes something that could get them killed." Janet added.

"Why do you want to throw a party anyway?" Zali questioned.

"We're nearing the end of the first semester, and while things haven't been perfect, they've been pretty close." Sylvia explained. "People and races who are completely different than others have gotten along and made this school an awesome place."

"That's very true." Vanessa smiled. "Is there anyway that I can help?"

"Actually yes. If you can talk to Isirona about it, maybe they can help us with making sure it's all perfect." Janet noted.

"Is it really that hard for you guys to get into contact with someone on the Board?" Zali questioned.

"It's not that it's hard. It's just that with your relationship with Isirona, it's far easier to ask you for help." Sylvia grinned knowingly.

"I guess." Zali sighed, but glared at her sister who laughed at the answer instead.

"It is pretty great." Vanessa agreed.

Kai scoffed, her tail swaying a bit as she listened. Though Zali assumed her scoff was likely a chuckle, she couldn't quite be certain.

"I'll talk to Isirona about it." Zali nodded.

"I can grab Nyx." Vanessa grinned, pulling out her phone and going through her contacts.

"You talk to Nyx?" Zali questioned.

"She gave me her number shortly after she came to your dorm to talk about my issues." Vanessa explained. "Just in case I ever had a quick question on vampirism."

"Don't you think it would be rude then to exploit that number so you could have her help you plan a party?" Kai raised an eyebrow.

"She's not helping us plan it. She's helping us by explaining what we can and cannot do." Vanessa glared like that was supposed to be obvious as she looked back at her phone.