Chapter 73

"So when is the wedding!?"

"Mom." Zali groaned into the phone. "We don't need to get married right away. I kinda want to wait a while. Maybe even a really long while."

"I want to see by baby girl get married in this century thank you. You might be immortal but I'm not."

"Don't say it that way, you make it sound so terrible."

"Zali, sweetie. Let me have this."

Zali couldn't help but chuckle. Her mother would be more excited for her to get married than she was. "I'm not saying that I'm not going do. Let's just give it a year or so. There's a lot of planning that we have to do anyway."

"I know, I know. I just worry!"

"About what?"

"Are you going to start seeing time like they do?"

"Isirona says it's going to take a hundred years or so for me to start reacting to time that way. For now, I really can't tell that I'm Immortal. So please, don't worry so much about it okay? How's Marcus and his new fling?"

"I've never seen boys so excited to just hang out. Honestly Mitchel gets just as worried as I do when your brother goes off on missions for the guild. He makes good company though."

"You hang out with him when Marcus isn't home?"

"He offers to hang out with me! He brings pizza over, expecting to share it with Marcus. Rather than let it go to waste he offers it to me. We don't sit around for long, but we'll have dinner and talk for a short while and he'll leave. Honestly at first I thought he was flirting with me."

Zali made a gagging sound. "Relax mom, you're not that hot."

"Excuse you! The least you could do is take it as the joke it was without giving me sass."

"Couldn't help it. I am marrying a sex demon." Zali rolled onto her side to look at her desk. She was laying on her bed speaking to her mother. Isirona wasn't home at the moment, so she usually liked to speak with either Bianca or Marcus in the short moments of peace without her.

"Don't sound so disapointed. Even I can tell how much she means to you."

"I gave her dad's ring."

"I'm so proud of you. I'm so glad that you found your happiness with her. I don't think I've ever seen you as happy as you are now."

"I mean, I do like books so..."

"Well, I know that. But it's still beautiful. How is she?"

"She was upset about how her nature was bleeding into me sometimes. It gave me very innapropriate thoughts about my friend Kai."

"Sounds fun."

"At first Isirona tried to explain herself so that I would understand her nature. But it just... it made me feel guilty. I'm not the kind of person who could share my girlfriend or fiance with anyone else. The whole time she was telling me that she would never have to, but that she wouldn't be opposed to it. I thought that meant that I should do that to make her happy."

"I see."

"But that's not what she meant at all. I was talking with her last night and she got so upset that I felt guilty. She... she started crying. Isirona doesn't cry mom. After I saw that I just... I gave her the ring."

"Where is she now?"

"She finished her class an hour ago, but she went to talk to Sylvia and Nyx about our pact. She wants help learning how to control her own nature, while also trying to separate it from me. She doesn't want me to ever feel bad about myself again." Zali explained.