Chapter One: Mistakes

My name is Jack Barakat. I'm 17 years old and a Senior in high school. My bestfriend, Rian took me to a party at Alex Gaskarth's house. To me it was pure hell. Here's the story:

"Rian, I don't want to  go." I said as we walked out of Rian's house into his car.

"Jack. It's not going to be bad. I don't like his either. But there's free beer." Rian said starting his car. "We'll stay the night."

"Rian... I don't want to drink." I said looking up directions to Alex's house.

"C'mon Alex. Let loose. Have fun." Rian said, "It's our last spring break."

"We still have summer." I whined. Trying to talk him out of going.

"No, lets party now." He said. backing out of the driveway. "Alex's family is rich, Jack. Do you understand how this is going to work."

"Yes." I said realizing how fun this might be.

"At least consider it." Rian said, "For me?"

"Fine." I smiled. We didn't talk for a while. We pulled in. I got out and knocked on the door.

"Jack! What the hell? Just go in!" He yelped. Rian locked the door. He walked up to me. Rian slammed the door open. I saw Alex. He looked over at his girlfriend and then walked over to us.

"Hi Rian. Hi Jack." I looked into his eyes and saw how cute he was.

"H-Hi Alex." I stuttered getting lost in his eyes. He may have been a jerk but he was cute.

"Hi Alex." Rian said handing him a plate. I had no idea what Rian had even brought.

-----

Around 9:00 someone threw up. I had about 6 beers and Rian had around 10. Cass and him were over in the corner making out. Alex was hugging his girlfriend as she walked out the door and I was introducing myself to some guy who I hadn't met. Alex walked over to me.

"Hi Jack, wanna talk?" Alex said to me.

"What?" I said just looking at his cute face. He grabbed my hand. He was more drunk then I had ever seen anyone. I was downing a 7th beer so I wasn't like passed out drunk. But I was drunk.

"Follow me Jack." I followed him up the steps into his room.

"What's going on?" I was questioning him. "How many beers have you had?"

"Like 7." He was twice as drunk as me. We talked for a good half hour and he had told me he had feelings for me. He took off his  shirt and then took off mine. He rubbed my hair. "I really like you Jack." I really liked him. "Please kiss me." Before I could answer he grabbed my face and pulled me in. He pushed me down on the bed and unbuttoned my short and then his. We were both on his bed in our boxers.

"Alex-" He cut me off standing up.

"Shhh. Jack." He said taking his boxers off.

"Woa-" He cut me off again getting back on top of me. I felt comforted and uncomfortable at the same time.

------------------

The next morning I woke up next to Alex in his bed. I was really confused and naked. Alex woke up and saw me.

"Jack." He said grabbing my arm.

"What?" I said looking at him with the urge to kiss him.

"Put your clothes on." He paused, "What happened last night?"

"Um. I'm not sure." I said standing up searching Alex's floor for my boxers.

"Did we like, sleep together?" Alex said standing up. He looked over at me.

"I think we did." I said. "Can we not talk about it?"

"Jack. Get dressed please." He demanded, completely ignoring me. I felt my stomach drop. I walked down the steps leaving Alex. I didn't like him but I liked him. It was even confusing to me. All I saw was beer boxes and beer cans everywhere. I saw Rian and Cass in the same corner they were in making out. There was a few other guys passed out  on the floor throughout the room. I walked toward Rian.

"Jack?" He sat up rubbing his eyes.

"C'mon Rian, Its time to leave." He was clearly hungover. I felt weird, but I wasn't hungover.

"One second." He stood up looking dizzy. He grabbed his jacket. I didn't bring one. Alex rushed down the steps.

"Jack." He said to me, "Take this." He said handing me his letterman's jacket. I was a little big on me but, I liked it. 

"Why?" I said to him. He smiled.

"Please. Take it. I'll have it after break." He said. I turned around and gave him a hug. Rian gave me a really weird look. I smiled and walked out the door.

"What was that?" Rian asked me.

"Nothing. It was nothing." I said with a worried look wondering if Rian was on to me.

"What happened with you two last night?" He asked me. I opened the drivers door and got in the car starting it.

"Nothing." I said. Rian turned off the car and pulled the keys out.

"We will sit here until I know what happened." Rian said peering at me. We sat there for 15 minutes until I spoke.

"I- sleptwithAlex." I said so fast it sounded like one word.

"Ew. Jack?" He said. I got upset and a tear went down my face.

"Give me the keys." I said looking at him. I drove to my house and got out. I didn't even say bye to him. He climbed over to the drivers seat. I walked in the door and walked into the kitchen. I heard the door slam.

"Hi baby." I heard my mom say. "How was the party?"

"Great." I said smiling. Uhg. Who am I kidding it was amazing.

"That's good." My mom said standing up. She walked over. "Are you hungry?" She said to me.

"Uh. Yeah. I guess I could eat." I said shrugging my shoulders. She gave me a hug.

"Whose jacket is this?" She asked me.

"Alex's" I said quickly. "He let me borrow it because I forgot to take mine over."

"Okay. Go take a shower and I'll have your food done then." She said to me. I walked up the steps to the bathroom. I took off the jacket. I looked at the back. He lettered five times. He played football and ran track. I hurried up and got a shower. I went to my room and got dressed. Before I went down stairs to get my food I went into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I had a cut on the side of my face. I turned around and threw up. I was still hungry so I walked down the steps to get my food. It wasn't a big deal I threw up because I drank a few beers last night. I sat at the table and ate my breakfast. It was pancakes and bacon. That's what my mom always made me. She treated me like a child because my siblings went to live wherever they went. My mom never told me. But I was her baby. I went back up stairs when I was done and I threw up again. It was starting to worry me because this wasn't an average sickness.