Chapter Nine: Too Much

I continued to hug Alex. I started  to feel my face getting hot. "Are we-" I said about to cry. I let go of Alex, "Telling my family." I said to him. He wiped my face and pushed my hair back.

"If you want too." He said rubbing my head. I started crying again. "Please stop crying." He said. I hugged him.

"I'm a wreck. How do you deal with me?" I asked him crying into his shoulder.

"I'm a wreck, in my own way." He said, "I love you, Jack. That's how I deal with you. Your not a wreck."

"Yes, I am, Alex." I said, "I'm awful."

"Jack, please stop." He pushed me back a little. "Please, don't cry." He had tears in his eyes. I kissed his cheek. He stopped crying. He hugged me again. "Listen, we are going to raise Lyric. She's going to be fine, I'll be fine and so will you." He kissed my forehead. I stood up and walked into my bathroom. I washed my face and did my hair. I took off my shoes and changed my shirt. When Alex walked out of my bathroom he came and hugged me. "Jack, I love you."

"I love you too, Alex." I said hugging him back. I let go of him and sat on my bed. I waited for it to be two-o'clock so this lunch could be over. I just wanted to come back up to my room and sleep. I had only been up a little over an hour. "You look sick."

"Jack.." He said looking at his phone, "Lisa is up my ass."

"Are you okay?" I asked him, trying to ignore the Lisa thing.

"Yes. I'm fine." He shivered.

"Alex." I said standing up.

"I-I'm nervous." He said setting his phone on my windowsill.

"Why?" I asked him wrapping my arms around him like a hopeless child.

"Anxiety, meeting-your family." He said hugging me back. I put my face in his hair. He whimpered.

"Awh, Alex." I said hugging him tighter. He made me cry. I couldn't see him upset. I heard a knock and I heard Alex take a huge breath. "Shhh. It'll be fine." I said rubbing his back. He looked up and kissed me.

"I know." He said breathing out.

"Listen, if you feel like your going to have an anxiety attack then I want you to breath and think about me and you." I said smiling. He looked up and kissed me.

"Okay." He said. I kissed him. We started walking down the steps. I went into the kitchen.

"Sorry mom." I said giving my mom a hug.

"Its fine. I overreacted." My mom flung a spoon across the kitchen, "Why is your shirt so big?"

"Its mine." Alex said to my mom.

"Okay then." My mom replied to him, "Your grandma should be here in five minutes."

"Alright." I said. I grabbed a chip and put it in my mouth. Alex was frowning. I looked at him.

"Its fine." He said following my into the living room. I sat on the loveseat and Alex sat beside me. I grabbed his hand.

"Please be okay." I whispered to myself. Alex looked up at me and started smiling. I rubbed his hair. "Thank you." I moved my hand onto my stomach and felt it. I always touched it. Alex laid his hand on my stomach. He smiled even bigger. My mom walked through the living room and changed the channel to the news. I moaned.

"Jack!" She said looking at me. On the news was the guitar shop.

"-caught fire earlier today. Here to tell what happened is assistant manager, Zack Merrick." The news reporter said. Me and Alex both jumped up.