Chapter Twenty-Seven: You Did What?

Alex rolled over in bed after throwing his phone into the hallway outside of our room. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah.. Its Lisa.." He said turning toward me.

"What's she talking about?" I said nervously.

"She wants to spend Christmas with me because it'll be our first Christmas apart for like 5 years. And she wants me back." Alex paused, "And I'm explaining that she cheated on me when we were dating and she can have Christmas with her boyfriend. And that I have you and I'm happy, your happy, and Lyric is happy. She also said that I'm a man whore because, I had sex with you when we were dating." He said running out of breath.

"But she cheated." I said almost confused because I was sleeping.

"That's her point. Her's was just her kissing a guy and him touching her ass. She said mine's worse so her didn't count." He said in a very sleepy voice which was overwhelming.

"Oh..." I said, "Take care of it tomorrow. Go to sleep." I said closing my eyes and laying in a ball in Alex's chest and stomach. He wrapped his arms around me and fell asleep.

------

I woke up an hour later to Alex sitting up whimpering. "Baby, what's wrong?" I said sitting up. I rubbed his back. He was shivering. I put my blanket around him.

"I'm fine." He said in a hushed tone.

"Are you sure?" I asked him. He nodded. He eventually laid back down. I held onto him and tried to make him sleep. He was breathing slowly like he was asleep. I let go of him and moved so that my head was on his chest. I fell asleep listening to the rhythm of his heart and his breathing.

-----

After that Alex was finally asleep. I woke up at 8am and rubbed his head. I was playing with his hair. He woke up and smiled at me, shortly after that he kissed me.

"Why don't you sleep?" I asked his sitting up. He sat up beside me and played with my fingers.

"Guilt." He shrugged. I looked down at his hand.

"What?" I said letting go of his hand. "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing, Jack, its nothing." He said moving over to kiss me. I backed up.

"Obviously it is something. It kept you up all night." I said trying not to yell.

"Jack, stop..." He said trying to hug me.

"Alex, I won't get near you until you tell me."

"Why are you doing this?" He asked me.

"Did you cheat on me? Alex..." I said in my mind trying to make myself not cry. Alex didn't say anything. He just looked at his hand. He nodded.

"It was in May," He said "It was Lisa" He looked destroyed, "I didn't sleep with her, kiss her, or do anything. I went on a date. I didn't touch her." He took a deep breath, "Jack, I am so sorry. I never meant to do it. It just happened." I felt my heart literately break into a million pieces. Alex wasn't like this. Or maybe he was.

"Why? Alex, why'd you do it?" I said looking at him. He looked up. He was bawling and his face was beat red.

"I don't know." He said. He wiped his face. "I promise, it won't happen again."

"Yeah, because if you like her more than me then I'll leave." I said standing up.

"Jack. Stop please." Alex said, he rushed up behind me. "I am so sorry, Jack, I am so sorry."

"Alex, you cheated on me. And you know I'm not mad." I said, "I just think you need a break."

"Jack, please don't leave." He said tugging on my hoodie sleeve. I walked into the living room and sat down. Alex sat beside me. He kept hugging me. "I love you, Jack." He said. I looked at him.