Chapter Fifteen: Maybe?

My dad's side of the family was coming over for birthday dinner. I was sitting on my bed shaking because of my nervousness. "Jack." Alex said drying his hair.

"I'm fine. But... you seem to shower a lot." I said looking at Alex.

"Yeah.. I do." He shrugged. "Its my nature." I laughed at him. He sat beside me and rubbed my hair.

"I don't want my family to hate me." As I spoke I kept thinking of Joe. I knew he wished I wasn't even alive. At points that's what I wished.

"That's not going to happen.." He said sitting beside me, he rubbed my back. He grabbed an acoustic guitar and sheet music. "Play this.." He said handing it to me. I strummed down on it and started playing the chords. Alex started singing and I completely stopped playing.

"Your amazing!" I said, "Sing to me more!!" I said looking at him. His face was red with embarrassment.

"Thanks." He said grabbing the stuff from me. "Prego, you can't even hold that guitar." He laughed. I smiled back at him.

"I'm just too fat." I laughed.

-----

I heard the door open and  amounts of people came in for my family party. I didn't get why it existed, but my mom wanted me to see them. I kept thinking of not telling hem about the baby. But they'd question me gaining A LOT of weight and my nose looking huge. And most importantly, Alex. I shuttered knowing I couldn't just tell Alex to go home. His mom was working on the room for the baby. She was doing finishing touches. I walked down the steps and Alex followed me. When I got on the ground I moved like a penguin. It was awful. My aunt looked at me. "Hi Jack." She said giving me a hug. I kept trying to back up because I was scared. 

"Hi." I said and continued to make my way to the kitchen. "Mom, can I have some pills please?" I asked her. She pointed to the bottle on the counter across the room. Alex ran over and grabbed it. He dumped out three pills in his hand and gave them to me. I got better and learned how to take the pills without water. I was nervous about my family. I walked into the living room and sat down. My aunt, grandma, uncle, dad, and my mom. Were all talking in the kitchen. One of my cousins was in the living room.

"Jack!" She of them screamed running up to me. She hugged my legs. I was about to pick her up but Alex hit my arm. He always worried about me doing anything. And by anything I mean everything. Literally. I wasn't allowed to get a blanket for myself. I ended up patting her head. I sat down on the couch and Alex sat beside me. He grabbed my hand. I smiled faintly. My grandpa was what looked like passed out drunk in the car outside. Which means my grandma drove. Which was an awful idea. My cousin jumped on the couch next to me.

"Please don't climb on me. I am sick." I said, waiting to see if that was a valid excuse for a 7 year old. She stopped and sat down pouting.

"On your birthday?" She asked me.

"I'm gonna be sick until Christmas." I said in all honesty. I was due a little before, close enough.

"What!?" She said running into the kitchen. My mom walked into the room and sat beside me.

"Baby, please don't tell you 7 year old cousin that you'll be sick for a long time." She said to me.

"I didn't lie." I said to my mom rolling my eyes.

"I know." She said, "Just don't do it." She said, she grabbed my other hand. "I promise. It'll all work out."

"Mom." I said.

"Maybe?" She simply replied, I stopped and looked at her. She just nodded. She started putting stuff on the table soon after. Everyone started sitting down. I sat down beside Alex and on the other side was my dad.

"Dad, should I say anything? Or wait for someone to ask." I whispered to my dad.

"Just wait son, its for the best." My dad said giving me a small hug. Yet it was the biggest hug I have gotten from him because of the baby. I just kept thinking of what maybe? meant. My entire family basically crowded  around. Alex started introducing himself. He said he was my 'friend'

----

I sat through dinner with no questions. When my mom took away the plates is when everything went downhill...