Chapter Six: What He Said

I found myself about an hour later alone in Alex's room laying on his bed covered up with his blankets. I just laid there. About five minutes later Alex walked in.

"Good, you're awake" He said smiling. I sat up and watched him walk toward me. He grabbed his water off of his desk and handed it to me. I took a sip of it and held it in front of me.

"Yeah, what's going on." I said. He was looking out the window.

"Rain." He said. "Are you okay?" He said feeling my forehead. "Your warm."

"Yeah." I said, "I get fevers a lot." Alex sat down beside me. He rubbed my back.

"My mom just got home and she's not happy." He said.

"Why?" I asked him.

"We didn't tell her about yesterday. I'm not telling her the name yet." He said.

"Oh." I said, "I'm tired."

"Don't sleep Jack." He said. I liked when he said my name. "Its five. We need to eat."

"I don't want to eat." I said. I laid my face on a pillow. "Are we staying here again?"

"No, we are going to your house." Alex said, "We are switching houses every night."

"Sounds good." I said reaching for Alex's hand. He grabbed my hand.

"You're cute." He said laying beside me.

"You are too." We both smiled and held hands. I curled up in a ball. Alex held onto me. I heard thunder and it made me jump.

"Jack." He said realizing  I just jumped. He rubbed my back. I uncurled from the ball and laid out. Alex kept holding onto me. He just laid there and watched the TV. About an hour later we went to my house.

------------

Thursday:

I hadn't eaten dinner or breakfast I wasn't hungry. I felt awful and I was sick. My mom made me go to school. A lot of people looked at me weird in the hall. Now they looked at me in amazement because Alex was there. We had 1st, 4th and 9th period together. It was 4th period, lunch. Alex went and got food. I followed him he showed me where his friends were sitting. There were four of them.

"Hey man." One of them said. I just sat there.

"Hey guys." Alex said to them.

"Dude your back!" Another one of them said.

"Yeah man." Alex said. I forgot Alex was super popular and a bunch of girls had crushes on him. But they had no chance considering he was mine. He kept looking at me. All the guys were eating and then me. "You okay?" He looked at me.

"Yea." I slouched a little. All his friends looked at me. Alex had just a little trace of a British accent  when he talked. Lebanon didn't really affect me, considering that's where my name came from. But I was born in Baltimore.

----------------

After school we went straight to Alex's house. I had clothes there and had clothes at my house. "You didn't eat today. Are you sure your okay?"

"Yeah. I think its just the baby. You know." I said, I really wanted to tell people about the baby. People look at me funny. "Its just, people are staring."

"Jack," He said, "Is that what's going on?"

"Kind of." I said.

"Tell me what's going on." He said sitting down on his bed. I sat beside him. He grabbed my hand, "I'll listen to you." I smiled and looked at him.

"Well.. people are going to find out about the baby before we tell them. I don't like the people staring at me. And I'm scared that once the baby is born your going to leave me with her." I said. Alex just looked at me. He looked like he was going to cry.

"You think I'd leave you?" He said wrapping his arms around me. "Jack, I'd never think of it!" He started crying. I put my arms around him and started whimpering.

"Stop crying." I said to him. It made me cry. He pulled me away from him and kissed me. Oh my god! I am kissing the Alex Gaskarth. Most popular guy in school, my boyfriend, and father of Lyric. I grabbed his face and let him kiss me. He stopped kissing me and held me in his arms. We didn't talk he just hugged me.

"I love you." He said and then he fell silent again.

"I love you too." I replied he kissed me again and we laid there and talked for hours.

--------

I woke up the next morning laying on top of Alex with a blanket over us. It was 6:00. I woke him up.

"Alex." As soon as I said his name he smiled and grabbed me.

"Jack!" He hugged me. "I'm telling my friends." I was shocked.

"W-wait. Are you s-sure?" I stuttered.

"Yes." He said, "They need to know the truth. We're dating and there is a beautiful baby girl on the way." I smiled at him.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He kissed me. Uhg again with this, the Alex Gaskarth. We hurried up and got ready we rushed to the school around 12:30 right before lunch we started walking to our lockers. "Are you ready?" He asked me putting his arms around my waist.

"I guess." I said nervously.

"Don't be nervous babe." He looked around and then kissed my neck. I had goosebumps up my arms and legs.

------------------

We walked into the cafeteria. I went and got food and followed Alex. He sat down. We started sharing lunches, I didn't eat much and that was the same with him. "So guys, I have to admit something." Alex said, he grabbed my hand under the table. "So.." He just put our hands on the table. All of his friends just looked at us. I was wearing Alex's hoodie and he was wearing mine. "Me and Jack are dating. And Jack is pregnant." Alex smiled.

"Alex..." I heard one of the guys say, "What the hell." I almost cried. "That's adorable." We both smiled. Alex put his arm around me. I just kept smiling.