Chapter Thirty-Four: Our Time Ran Out

I walked in the room with Alex holding my hand. I saw my baby sitting up by herself and playing. The doctor came in. "Boys, she's going home." He smiled. Alex jumped into my arms and hugged me. We both were tearing up in joy. Alex kissed me and continued smiling. I picked her up and held her in my arms. The doctor took us out of the room to a desk. "Your bill overall is $49. The insurance covered it."

"Can I pay up front?" I asked him. He nodded. I handed him a fifty dollar bill. He gave me my change and check Lyric out. Alex called May and she was there almost as soon as we called. She had the seat in her car. We both sat in the back.

"I'm so happy for you!" May smiled. I was bawling. Alex kissed me.

"So are we." Alex said wiping my joyful tears away. He kissed my cheeck. He kept looking at my lips. He rubbed his cheeck against them and sat back. May parked in front of Alex's mom's house. She followed us in. Alex opened the door. His mom was sitting on the couch. She looked over.

"Lyric is home!" His mom said sitting up straighter. Alex nodded and sat the car seat down and got Lyric out. He walked over toward Isobel holding her. May followed us over to the couch. She shook Isobel's hand.

"I'm May. I'm Jack's sister."

"I'm Isobel, Alex's mother." She said politley, "NIce to meet you." She smiled. May sat on the other side of me. I basically was on Alex's lap. Alex held Lyric. She was cheerfully giggling.

"She was released this morning." Alex smiled.

"I'm glad." Isobel said rubbing Alex's leg. I wrapped my arm around his lower back. Making him jump.

"Sorry." I whispered softly. He touched my arm, letting me know he heard me. Or that he was annoyed with me. I wasn't sure. I just kept my arm there.

----

After about an hour of sitting at Isobel's house, I was tired of it. "Hey, Lex, I'm gonna go grab some food with May. We'll be back." I said hugging him since Lyric wasn't in his hand. I bent down and kissed him.

"Bye, Love you." He said kissing me again.

"Love you too." I said letting go and following May out the door.

"Thanks for that. I'm bored." May said opening the door for me.

"I was too." I said with a frown.

"Are you two okay?" She said, "You seem..."

"Distant." I finished her sentence.

"Yeah." She said backing out of the driveway.

"Yeah. I keep thinking of the start of our relationship." I said.

"What was it?" She asked.

"I'm gonna tell you the entire day of it." I said.

"We have time." She added.

"Okay, so it was April 6th. That stupid party. Well, I was up all god damn night working on an essay. I woke up late and missed the bus. Rian wouldn't answer and it was raining. I ran in the rain to school.

The entire day I was teased, called things such as faggot, emo, gay, loner, pussy, fat. I couldn't take it. Well Rian was mad at me because II complained about the party. So I had to walk. In the rain. Alone. Well, I got home. No one was there. I was alone for like 4 hours. Until you came. Then, Rian dragged me to this party. I was fine with the party. I loved parties. I hated Alex. He was hammered I was tipsy. One Night Stand." I said almost in tears. She stopped in the parking lot of Chipotle.

"Don't cry." She said reaching over hugging me.

"I'm sorry." I whined. May let go of me. She got out. I quickly followed her. I grabbed my phone and money that I sat on the seat. They had just opened so no one was there. May and I ordered the food and sat in the corner.

"Can we talk. About you... and Alex." May asked. I nodded back.

"Sure."

"So tell me some issuses you guys have had." May said taking a bite of her buritto.

"Like, he cheated on me with Lisa in May. He lied to his parents about me at first." I said.

"Has he ever hit you?" May asked me.

"Like abuse." May nodded. "No, I don't think he would." I said losing my apitite.

"Is there threats?" She continued, "Ever." She said. I shook my head. "Thats good." She smiled. I started eating slowly. "Is his relationship with Lyric good." I made a 'mhm' noise.

"He writes her little songs. He writes me songs too." I said with a tiny smile. May and I sat in scilence for a few minnutes I decided to break it. "Do you think its all too soon?" I asked her.

"No, I'm happy for you. Mom thinks its too soon." She said.

"Where is mom?"

"She's at my house. She went shopping with a few friends today. She wanted to get you some stuff for your apartment." May smiled. "I don't want you to be sad."

"I'm naturally sad." I said joking. I wrapped up over half of my burrito for Alex. Knowing he'd eat it.

"Are you sure you and Alex are good?" She asked me. I nodded. "I feel like your hiding stuff." May said.

"I'm not. Stop worrying." I said squrimming in my chair.

"Just distance." She said softly.

"I know."

"Your just my baby brother. I have to keep you safe." She said laughing.

"I'm 18. I'm not a baby." I said laughing at her.

"I'm 28. I own you." She laughed. We both got up and went to her car.

---

When May dropped us off my mom was  over. She gave me and Alex both shorts and tee shirts. She also had shoes for Lyric. We talked about marriage for a really long time. She eventually told us she was happy for us. She left shortly after. Me and Alex were sitting on the couch. It was 11pm and Lyric was sound asleep. We were in a little fight thing.

"God dammit, Alex, there is nothing harder than your thick skull." I said.

"Wanna bet." He said. I nodded. "I bet you dick is." He laughed touching my crotch. "I'm right." I smiled and laughed at him.

"You win." I said leaning down and kissing his cheek.

"Wait, whats harder than my skull?" He said teasing me.

"My diiick." I said in his face.

"Now, now I've won." He said laughing.

"Your cute." I said making him blush.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked me sitting up. I nodded, "Good," He said holding my hands.

"I'm so confused." I said not resisting his hands.

"Jack, I love you." He said rubbing his thumbs along my hands.

"I knew that." I smiled.

"Shush. I'm not done." He said, "Not only do I love you, I'm in love with you." I smiled before kssing him.

"I too am in love with someone." I said backing away from him, "Whose name is Alexander." He kissed my cheek and hugged me until I fell asleep.

----

A/N: OMG ONE MORE CHAPTER!!! I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS.

ALSO MY SPELL CHECK STOPPED WORKING SO I NEED TO FIX THIS CHAPTER!

THANKS FOR READING!