Chapter Sixteen: Questioning

"Jack, you look bigger?" My aunt said to me. I felt my face get hot.

"Sweetie, you and this Alex boy look like a little more than friends." My grandma added.

"Stop." I said quietly. I grabbed Alex's hand.

"What happened to you Jack. You used to always have a guitar and blink-182." My other aunt added. I started to breath heavy.

"Enough." My dad said. "Jack has something he needs to tell all of you. Give him some time!" My dad said to my entire family. I shook my head. My entire family's eyes locked on me.

"Okay...." I said feeling tears, "Alex. I-is my boyfriend." I said, "And I'm pregnant." I lifted my shirt. "I'm due in December." I started crying. There was a knot in my throat. Everyone continued to stare at me. I didn't even let them say anything before I ran off. I just ran into my room and to my bathroom. I sat on the floor in the corner, in the dark and cried. About ten minutes later Alex walked in and sat beside me.

"Baby," He said kissing the top of my head, "No one is mad." Alex said kissing my again. "They all love you. Still. They don't care." He rubbed my back. "And if they don't want anything to do with you then they can stay out of Lyric's life."

"A-alex." I cried, "They despise gay anything," I said. I cried into Alex's lap.

"Please Jack, please, don't cry." Alex said, he sounded like he was holding back tears. I reached up and turned on the light. Alex was crying into his hands. He was a wreck. I looked up and kissed him.

"A-alex?" I stuttered.

"Jack, I'm sorry." He said confusing me.  

"Why the hell are you sorry?" I asked him.

"I got you into all the shit that you've been going through. I threw that fucking party. I ruined your life." Alex cried to me.

"Alex, I've told you a thousand fucking times.. its fine." I kissed him trying to calm him down. "I want to talk to my family." Alex wiped his face. He always cried when I got upset. I always tried to calm him down. He took a deep breath and stood up. He grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"Lets go prego." He laughed. I hit him in the shoulder. I went to the table and sat back down.

"Jack, do you want to answer questions?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, sure." I reached for Alex hand. He smiled faintly. Questions went around the table.

"So, this one is for Alex. How did all of this happen?" My aunt asked.

"Its a long story.. my parents went out of town and let me have a party, yes, they let me. I invited over a bunch of people from school. Well my parents bought beer and wine and a bunch of other stuff and everyone got drunk. They left it. They never told me I could have it. Well.... my ex-girlfriend, Lisa, wasn't at the party. I got super drunk and it kinda just happened." Alex shrugged.

"Jack were you drunk?" My uncle added in.

"I think I had maybe, six beers?" I said. My dad knew all of this, my mom didn't.

"When was this party?" My aunt asked.

"April." Alex said.

"How long have you two been together?" My other aunt asked.

"A little after the party. After I found out about the baby.." I said. May smiled at me. We got a little closer, she knew what was going on in my life because she was older than me. She lived with us so she could go to college.

"So, Alex, you were with a girl and you had sex with Jack." My aunt said, "You were still dating this girl?" I heard Alex swallow. This was making him sound bad.