Chapter Twenty-Six: Make it. Or Break it.

Alex shook me trying to wake me up. "Jack, come on, it's only nine. Don't sleep here." I sat up.

"Carry me.." I said laughing almost asleep. He took me seriously and carried me.

"Are you seriously tired because, I wanna.." He stopped and flopped down beside me. I smiled. "Its my birthday..." He said smiling at me. He looked drunk.

"Are you drinking?" I asked him. He shook his head. I looked at his eyes. They looked  dark, shiny, and cute like always. I closed my eyes. Alex kissed me.

"Goodnight, Jacky." He said pushing my hair out of my face. I put his arms around me and fell asleep.

---

I woke up the next morning at like 11am.Alex was sound asleep and Lyric was sleeping on his chest. I smiled to myself. I rubbed his arm. He slowly woke up.

"Good Morning." I said rolling over. Alex put his arm around me and the other around Lyric.

"Morning.." He yawned.

"Why'd you get Lyric and bring her in here?" I asked him.

"She was crying and she wouldn't stop. I changed her, fed her, gave her a bottle, gave her a pacifier. Nothing worked." Alex said, "And I was tired. So...."

"Oh." I said trying to move. Alex pushed my hair out of my face. I liked my hair long. The bad part was I had to have hairspray and a hair straightener. He smiled. He grabbed Lyric and held her so he could sit up. He laid her in between us. He kissed me. "Do you want food?" I asked him.

"Yeah.." He said picking up Lyric. I went in the kitchen and started making frozen waffles. I put them on plates and got out Lyric's little snacks. I put them in a little bowl and sat them on the tray of her highchair. Alex came in. Lyric was awake now. He put her in her highchair.

"Does she eat those?" I asked Alex. He stretched his neck and looked up.

"Yeah." He said. Lyric had like 2 teeth. I would feed her real food once a day. Alex looked like he was sick.

"Did you have beer last night?" I asked him, "I don't care, I wanna know.."

"I had wine..." He said.

"You look super hung over." I said rubbing the side of his face.

"Yeah... I don't feel the greatest. I had like one glass." He said taking a bite of his waffles.

"Don't drink. You cant handle it." I said to him.

"Yeah... I know..." He said trying to get Lyric to eat.

"I just don't wanna see anything happen to you." I said holding his hand from the other end of the small circle table. "I love you." I said seeing a look of sorrow in his eyes.

"I'll stop. I love you too." He said rubbing my thumb with his. "I promise." He grabbed his and my empty plates. He dumped more snacks in front of Lyric. He sat back down. "Is Christmas gonna be weird without your parents?" Alex asked me.

"Yeah..." I said looking at Lyric who was eating her snacks. "I don't know."

"My first Christmas without my dad was......" He stopped and thought, "Weird. Then the next year it was without Tom. Me and my mom." I saw his eyes turn red and his face pale.

"Please don't cry." I said before he even started crying.

"I won't...." He said picking Lyric up out of her highchair. He sat on the couch in the living room and held her. He was trying to make her sit up on her own.

"Babe, she won't sit... she's not that big.." I said sitting beside him. He laid her on his lap.

"She's perfect." He said. "Do you wanna do something today?" He asked me.

"I don't have any plans. I wanted to talk to help you write that song. If I'm any help." I said letting Lyric try to grab my finger.

"Okay" He smiled. He picked up Lyric and walked into the guitar room. I followed him and grabbed the acoustic guitar. I started playing through the song.  "I got this part.."

Dead- like a candle you've burned out..

"Um... Here's what I started getting ready." I said writing some stuff down. We worked for an hour until Alex finished it. He continued to hum it. Lyric was laying in his lap with her bear on her.

----

I made me and Alex dinner. I had him feed Lyric before her nap. He was watching the news and feeding her. He put her in her crib and sat down on the couch holding his plate. I just made him a burger.

"This is really good.." He said. I mumbled a thank you to him. "I didn't even know you cooked..." He said.

"Well... Considering when we started dating I was a month pregnant, and we lived with our parents, or we were at the hospital.. Yeah, I'm not surprised." I said laughing at myself.

"Jack..." He said looking at me seriously.

"I'm telling the truth..." I smarted back, making him smile.

"I don't understand how your so carefree. Your an 18 year-old gay teenage boy. Who has a baby. Who couldn't give a damn if you were paid too." He said, "Oh, and your dating me...."

"Eh, It's how I am." I said, "What's so bad about dating you?"

"I suck. Duh." He said sarcastically. I hit his arm.

"I suck too. Don't worry."

"No I meant suck dick..." He said laughing. I laughed at him.

"I know you suck dick. Its your job." I said putting my plate on the floor beside the couch.

-----

I didn't even understand myself. I didn't consider how much I don't care. I had always been like that. But by Alex saying what he said made me feel weird. I had no idea how to react to it. Or how to act. I just stressed it too much.

----------

A/N: Sorry guys, this update took awhile. I don't like this chapter. I'm trying to build up a second climax before I end this book. I wanna make a second one. What do you think??