Chapter Twenty-Four: Take Care

I woke up confused. Alex was rubbing my back. "Are you okay?" I asked him after seeing the clock said 6am.

"Yeah." He said, "I feel sick... that's all." He said holding his stomach. I rolled over and sat up.

"What's wrong?" I said rubbing his hair.

"I'm sure its just a cold." He said. I felt his forehead.

"Alex, your warm." I said. He had little tears in his eyes, he nodded back. "I'll take care of you." I got up and went into the kitchen. I grabbed him two pills and a glass of water. I brought it in. I turned on the lamp beside our bed. I handed him the pills and the water. I rubbed his arm.

"Thanks." He said sleepy like.

"Go to sleep." I said, "You need it." I wanted him to sleep so I could go get his, Rian, Cass, Zack, and Lyric's presents for Christmas and for Alex's birthday. Alex leaned toward me trying to kiss me. I leaned away from him. "Your sick." I kissed his sweaty, warm, pale forehead and laid beside him. Around nine o'clock I woke up again. I kissed Alex's cheek and got up. I put skinny jeans and a hoodie on. I got Lyric and got her dressed. I put on Alex's boots. I grabbed my money and phone. I put Lyric in her car seat. I put my phone and money in the diaper bag. I started searching for Alex's keys. I grabbed them and rushed to his car. I started driving.

---

I got home at 1 o'clock. Lyric was asleep. I put her in her crib for her nap. I went into our room to check on Alex. He was still asleep. I rubbed his head. He was sweating still. He rolled over. I went into the kitchen and made him soup. I rushed back in and rubbed his arms until he woke up.

"I made you lunch." I said smiling at him.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"Oneish." I said.

"I'm awake." He said laughing. I went into the kitchen and brought his soup. "Thanks." He said looking smiley. "Why are you dressed?"

"I went Christmas and birthday shopping." I said. He nodded.

"I'm sorry." He said setting his bowl down.

"Don't be." I said moving to my knees. Alex grabbed my leg. "What?" I said. He grabbed my leg and moved me over. I smirked at him. I sat on his lap facing him.

"I don't like being sick." He said.

"I know." I leaned into him. He kissed my nose. "Don't." He quickly kissed me. I kissed him back.

"You're too cute." He said, "I can't help myself." I felt his forehead. He wasn't warm anymore. I got off Alex and sat on the bed beside him. He went into the bathroom. I went into the spare bedroom and grabbed an acoustic. He met me in the room about two minutes later.

"I was thinking we could write something...." I said plucking the strings. Alex grabbed a few pieces of paper off the shelf. He sat it in front of me.

"This is Lullabies. I started it." He said smiling. "Give me Ej7" I played the chord and started playing the song. I played Ej7 multiple times. Alex nodded at me.

Make it a sweet, sweet, goodbye

I played all the chords and tried to keep up.

It could be for the last time and its alright....

Alex stopped and looked at me. "Do you like it?" He asked.

"I love it." I said looking at it. I flipped through the song. "Sing more..."

"Just keep up." He said smiling.

Don't let yourself get in over your head. Alone and far from home i'll find you...

"I don't have anything else..." Alex said. I smiled.

"Is this about Thomas?" I asked him.

"Yes....." Alex said looking at his paper. He drew a little rose and it said T.E.G

"The drawing is cute." I said trying to get off of Tom.

"Yeah..." Alex said covering it.  I picked up his ring finger.

"I really like it, Alex." I said. He uncovered it. He played with my ring on my finger.

"I want it tattooed on my arm or hand....." He said. I smiled. I heard Lyric. I fell back onto the floor, from my butt to my back. "I got it." Alex went into Lyric's room. He came back with her. She was wear a diaper and shirt. I laughed.

"She's 100% you..." I said laughing. He looked down seeing himself wearing boxers and a tee-shirt.

"Yeah." He said laughing. He gave Lyric a bottle. She could hold it herself now. He laid her down on the floor and let her have the bottle. She was 4 weeks old. "I still am processing everything."

"Like what?" I asked him.

"Lyric, the apartment, the money, you loving me." My heart melted at the last one.

"Alex, I love you, I love you more than you understand. I love everything about you. You don't care what people think. You always support me. And that you and I have a wonderful, beautiful, little baby girl." His face got red. He started to say something and then stopped. He leaned over and kissed me.

"I love you, Jack." He said against my lips. He hugged me. I handed the guitar to Alex. He sat it on the floor behind him.

"Look at Mini-Alexander.." I said looking at Lyric.

"She's got dark eyebrows and hair. She looks like you." Alex said.

"Still looking like you. She has your cute little face." I said squeezing Alex's face together. He made a kissy face. I kissed him. He smiled. Lyric finished her bottle. I grabbed it from her. I gave her a stuffed bear and let her play with it.

"Jacky?" Alex asked.

"Yes..." I said looking at him cross.

"She's you." He laughed. I punched him playfully.

"Yep, me." I said holding her in my lap and playing with the bear.