Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Best Gift

I woke up laying next to Alex on the floor. Cassadee was on top of Rian across the floor and Zack was hanging of the couch snoring. I covered up with the blanket laying beside me. Alex was shivering so I covered him up. I hugged him trying to keep him warm with my body heat. It was freezing. I could see my breath. Alex opened up his eye and saw me trying to keep him warm.

"Baby, its really cold." I whispered.

"I know. The heaters in the building froze and shut down. They are trying to fix them." He said.

"Are you cold?" I asked him.

"Yes." He said. I wrapped his arms around me. I was smaller than him so he felt obligated to keep me warm. I curled up in a ball. He kissed my head. I was shivering. "Try to sleep." I said to him.

"I'm cold." I said.

"I'll keep you warm." He smiled, "I love you."

"I love you too." I said kissing him. 

----

I didn't sleep long before a freezing baby Lyric woke up. She was screaming. I didn't blame her considering it was so cold. I ran into her room and gave her a pacifier. I had to keep her quiet since people were over. I changed her quickly. I put pants and her hoodie on. I had to keep her warm. I wrapped her in her blanket and carried her into the living room. I gave her a premade bottle. I sat down beside Alex and put Lyric in my lap. Zack and Rian were up playing Xbox and Cassadee was sleeping with like 17 blankets. Lyric was laying down and drinking her bottle. I shook Alex a little. He got up and sat up.

"Its so cold." Was the first thing he said. I nodded. He saw Lyric. He rubbed her arm. He got me the same hoodie that Lyric had so we matched. Alex grabbed my hand. He covered my legs up. He covered his entire body up. "Are you okay?" He asked before squeezing my hand tighter. I nodded.

"Cold. Very cold." I said looking down at Lyric who was watching Zack play Fifa. "She's watching it." Alex laughed.

"She's going to play too." He shrugged.

"Uncle Zacky's good." I said talking to Lyric making Zack laugh.

"Jack, I'm sure she thinks it." He laughed. Cassadee rolled over and woke up.

"Alex, why is it cold?" She yawned.

"Heats broken." He said. "Do you need a coat?" He asked her. She shrugged.

"If you have one." She said. Alex got up and grabbed one of my hoodies of the top of the washer and took it to her.

"It's Jack's. I swear I cleaned it." He laughed. She laughed too. I scrunched my face up. "You know I love you..." He said sitting down. He kissed me. Lyric yawned.

"She looks like you, Alex." Cassadee said.

"I'm 100% sure that she is Jack." Alex laughed.

"Alex, admit it. Lyric is you." Rian said. Alex pouted. We all laughed at him.

---------------

Christmas Eve:

Alex rubbed my back and woke me up. "Jack, its time for Christmas at my moms." Alex said. He kissed my forehead. His soft lips woke me up. I opened my eyes and smiled at him. He kissed me again.

"I wanna sleep all day." I said. Alex laid on top of me.

"I know." He said, "I want to sleep too." He rubbed my head. Alex rolled off of me and rubbed my head. I got up and quickly got a shower. Alex got in the shower after me. May was in the living room with Lyric so we could get ready. I was drying my hair. I plugged in Alex's hair straightener for him. I grabbed a beanie and pushed my hair back and put the beanie on. Alex hurried up and got dressed. He was wearing my shirt. He quickly did his hair and hid the bleach patch in his hair. He put on his boots and threw me my shoes. I hurried up and put them on. I ran out of our room.