Chapter Eighteen: Accept it...

I basically felt like I was going to throw up my intestines. I walked into Alex's house and his dad was there. Alex had no idea because he was walking his grandma in. Alex's dad left because Alex wanted to be gay. I couldn't imagine what he was gonna do about me. Alex's mom walked in, "Peter what are you doing here?" Isobel said.

"I am allowed to see my son." He said. I started walking out the door.

"Alex..." I said walking outside. "Your dad is here." Alex's mouth dropped. His mom rushed and helped walk his grandma in.

"Jack, we have to fucking get you out of here!" He screamed. "He might try to hurt you. I can't let this happen to you."

"Alex. I don't want to leave you." I said, I felt my face getting hot.

"Your going to get hurt!" Alex said, "Please, let me take you home."

"No, I'm staying." I said to him wiping the tears off my face.

"I don't want you to meet him. He's gonna try to take us apart!" Alex yelled.

"Alex, he fucking saw me!" I yelled back.

"Jack..." He said. "Please hide from him."

"I will." I said back. I walked into the house behind Alex.

"Hi Dad." Alex said half smiling. I was nervous.

"Hi son.. who is that?" He said pointing to me.

"That's my, f-f-boyfriend, Jack." Alex said. I felt my heart drop into my stomach.

"Boyfriend?" His dad questioned.

"Yes." Alex said.

"Alexander William, I thought you said you were dating a girl." His dad said.

"Well, I'm not." Alex said. Alex's grandma was in the kitchen with his mom.

"You can't just date him!" His dad yelled, "It's not right!"

"To me it is. And if your not okay with him, get away from my life!" Alex said. "I don't need negatives in my life! I have a baby girl going to be born in four months! I don't need it!" Alex yelled.

"Oh, so he's pregnant!" His dad yelled. I started to feel tears.

"Yes he is! And I love him! I'm happy! Why don't you support me?!" Alex yelled, "Its my fucking life!" Alex's dad walked passed him. I tried to move but he pushed me out of his way. I fell on my back. "Jack!" Alex said running to me. "Baby, are you okay?"

"No." I started coughing. I coughed up blood.

"MOM!" Alex screamed. She came running in. "Dad pushed Jack over." Alex cried. Everything was blurry.

"Alex take him to the hospital." His mom said, "Hurry!" Alex picked me up and put me in his backseat. He started his car and drove really fast. He carried me into the Emergency Room. The nurses put me on a bed.

"He's pregnant! I don't know what to do!" Alex yelled. The last thing I remember was getting a shot in my arm.

----------

I woke up about 4 hours later. "Jack." Alex cried.

"Is the baby okay?" I said crying.

"Jack, I don't know. Your back is really messed up." Alex said rubbing my face he hugged me, "They haven't even checked about the baby yet. I started crying even more.

"Alex, I don't want to lose her!" I cried.

"I don't want to either." Alex sobbed, "I don't know what I'm gonna do." The nurse came in.

"Hi Jack, we are going to take you into a room, so we can check on your baby. You need to take this." She said handing my a cup of orange liquid. "Drink it, It will make you feel sleepy. That's good. You need to go to sleep." I started drinking it. "Alex, your the boyfriend?" The nurse asked him.

"Yes." Alex said trying to calm himself down.

"Okay, we need you to wait in the waiting room." She said showing Alex the door.

"I love you Jack!" Was the last thing I heard and then I fell asleep.

----------

I woke up the next day in a hospital room. I had a  bunch of machines hooked to me. I saw a nurse standing beside my bed. "Is my baby okay?" I said quietly. The nurse turned and looked at me.

"She's a little bit hurt from your impact with the hard floor. She will be perfectly fine." The nurse said.

"Where's Alex?" I asked her trying not to choke.

"He's waiting outside for you." She said.

"Can I see him?" I asked.

"Jack, honey, he's not allowed in this room. Just you and me." She said back to me.

"I want to see him." I said starting to whine.

"It's not safe for the baby for him to come in here." She said, "If he touches you the machines might fail. He knows everything. He's very upset."

"What do the machines have to do with my baby?" I asked, "Where is my mom?"

"The machines are going to make sure she is okay. You only have five more hours, then Alex can see you. Your mom is here too. She's filing a restraining order on Peter Gaskarth for you and your baby."

"Am I safe?" I said confused.

"Yes, you're very safe." She said.

"Can I have water?" I asked her.

"Here." She said giving me a little cup. "You can sleep if you need too." She said to me.

"I'm not tired. Can I watch TV?" I asked her.

"Yes, what do you wanna watch?" She asked me.

"News." I said. I handed her my water and looked up at the TV. I kept trying to sleep, but I was scared. I ended up sleeping about 30 minutes later. When I woke up the nurse and two doctors were unhooking everything. "Is my baby okay?" I said breathing really heavy.

"She's hurt. She'll be fine." One of the doctors said. "You on the other hand, your gonna be in bad shape for about a month."

"Please let me see Alex." I whined, "I need him."

"A few more minutes." My nurse said. I sat there mad for twenty-five minutes. Alex and my Mom came in.

"Jack!" Alex said sobbing. He hugged me. I felt strong pain. "I am so sorry he did this."

"Ow, Alex." I said letting go of him. He sat on a chair beside my bed. My mom was standing beside me rubbing my head.

"Jack, they want you to stay over night." My mom said. I leaned my head back.

"Can Alex stay? I don't want to be alone." I said.

"Jack, they don't want us to sleep together. Because I could hurt you." Alex said.

"I know." I said really sadly. "Please stay here with me tonight?"

"I will." Alex rubbed my arm.

"Mom.... They said I'm gonna be in bad shape. I don't get it.." I said.

"Your just going to be uncomfortable and isolated." She said.

"I can be with Alex right?" I asked.

"Yeah.." Alex said, "There might be days where you just want to be alone. I'm ready for that."

"I am too."

"Its going to be like that after the baby too." My mom said. "You might just need a day by yourself. Alex can be with her and you can be alone."

"I love you, Jack." Alex said kissing my forehead.

"I love you too." I whispered.