June 9, 1962

Me and Jazmin woke up and got dressed for the Sandlot it was currently 8:15 so we got some muffins and headed to the sandlot, Jazmin didn't really like to play but we used to play when we where younger I stuck with it while she stuck with basketball , hey I have nothing against basketball it's just I love baseball.

When we got to the sandlot Jazmin and the guys where finally introduced properly. While she sat at the dugout I randomly blurted out.

"What if Savanah's name is Savanah cause' she's dry like one" I began rolling on the floor laughing at my own joke. Soon Benny, Yeah-Yeah and Jazmin got the joke and joined me laughing like maniacs.

Ham went up for batter. "Hamilton the babe porter, long ball porter, come on DeNunez" said ham while pointing to the left like the Babe did once.

He missed.

Comments where being thrown at him , I simply giggled at their actions. Then Bam Ham hit a homerun, it went over the green fence. Everyone started hitting Ham with their mitts,
"Ham you idiot" said Benny.

"Wait a sec I'll get it" I yelled not being heard, I ran and climbed the fence but was stopped by screams. "NoOoOoOoO" yelled Squints. I was suddenly pulled down by the waist I kicked while yelling "Let me go". I turned around to see that Benny was the one holding my waist I tapped his hands signaling for him to let go.

"Oh my bad" said a very flustered Benny. "It's okay" I said. Then the questions came. "Holy crap you could've been killed" said Squints.

"Yeah-yeah truly!!Whadda you doin'?!" Said Yeah-Yeah. "Well you were all leavin , so I thought I'd just-" I said trying to explain but was interrupted "If you were thinkin' you wouldn't of thought that" said Squints.

"You can't go back there Jackie" said Benny. After lots of convincing I peeked trough a hole in the fence, there was the ball alone but then a big paw took a hold of it. I scrambled to my feet "What is that?!" I asked in a monotone voice, "Campout" yelled the gang I simply looked at Scotty and Jazmin with a dumbfounded face.
~~~~~~
"Mom please let me go to the campout with Jazmin and Scotty please" I begged but she wouldn't budge.

"No no and no there are eight other hormonal kids in there no" she explained. "They're all much younger than Jazmin and me plus you let them all go into my room the day of the party" I tried to reason.

"Oh they're younger than you, well sure be my guest, but help Scotty clean the dishes and put on a coat" said my mom. 

"While you two argued me and Scotty did the dishes" said Jazmin, "Put on your coats" said my mom. "Bye mom" I said before she could make us do other stuff.

"Hey where's your sleeping bag?" Jazmin asked. "I don't know I guess you'll have to share with me" I said with a suggestive smirk.

We are friends but we act like we are a couple it gets funny when we're with our other friend, Sky, joins with our weird acts.

We finally got to the Timmons house, well backyard. Scotty started climbing first while I carried his stuff. "Hey guys we're late because my mom made us do the dishes and put on coats" said Scotty.

"Damn it Scott they don't need to know that" I whispered but only Jazmin heard. Once we where inside the treehouse, she decided to abandon me and lay near the window where there was no space for me.

My eyes bounced around trying to find a space near Jazmin but no luck the only space was next to Benny. I looked at Scotty and saw that Ham was teaching him how to do s'mores.

"I'll take one" I said to myself , I swiped one off of Ham's hand. "Hey that was mine, hot stuff" said Ham. "Make another one" I responded.

I made my way to the space next to Benny and laid down. "Hey so where's your sleeping bag" said Benny. "I no know, Jazmin can I borrow your extra hoodie" I called for Jazmin.

"Uh sure wait a sec" she responded. "Hey aren't you gonna freeze your wearing shorts" said Benny. I turned around to tell Jazmin to hurry up when her hoodie hit my face "Thanks I guess" I said.

I turned and looked at Benny "Don't worry about me" I said before Squints shushed everyone and started to tell the story of the beast my plan was to go to sleep during the story and wake up and yell 'that's utter bullshit'.
~~~~~~
I soon fell asleep, "That's why no one goes over the fence" said Bertram. That was my cue "That's utter bullshit!!" I yelled startling Benny.

"No it ain't look over that window". I slowly got up from my comfortable spot, trying not to step on Jazmin I look out the window only to be scared shitless and fall back, preparing myself to fall right through the floor, but something broke my fall more like someone.. I looked down to see her sleeping bag but no Jazmin.

"Where's Jazmin?" I said. "Here I was making s'mores with Yeah-Yeah" said Jazmin as blush creeped in her cheeks I simply wiggled my eyebrows at them.

I walked back to my spot next to Benny, and slowly drifted to sleep but was still partially awake.

"So Benny man you like Jackie?" said Ham. "No not at all I actually like Veronica" said Benny. "How come you pushed her away at the party" said a clearly confused Ham. "I don't know" said Benny. "Then why are you letting her sleep on your shoulder" said a sleepy Yeah-Yeah.

I then felt a shove and boom I couldn't believe it he threw me off his shoulder. I groaned since I hit arm first and it hurt like a bitch.

I stood up "You could've just explained that I fell asleep on you" I growled at Benny for his bitchy actions.

I walked over to Jazmin shoved her softly key word softly and made room for me I took part of her blanket and laid next to her while hugging her, I can't believe I even started to like him. I just laid there looking at the boys.

"Damn it I'm such an idiot" said Benjamin. "Look what you did Benny I bet you don't even like Veronica" said DeNunez.

"Well I don't like her it's just I knew that Iris was awake and if she knew who it was it would be so embarrassing" explained Benny.

All the boys simply stared at me in utter shock. "What?" I said annoyed. "You heard that?" they said in sync. Slowly Benjamin turned around and his face turned crimson red.

I stood up and laid next to Benny "Night best friend" I mumbled trying to hide my feelings. "Night best friend" mumbled Benny. I slowly drifted to sleep knowing that Benny was next to me.

As I drifted to sleep two thought stuck to me, is he scared I'll embarrass him, or is it me who he likes.