September 7, 1962

It's been a week since I began puking with no control, my mom began to pick up on that I was sick. It was pretty simple, I'm pregnant, but that didn't mean it was going to be easy to explain.

I sigh hopping onto Benny's bed, Benny cast a glance to his closed door. "How have you been?" he asked wearily. He threw himself on his unmade bed.

"Peachy", I said, because even if I hadn't told him, he would've known.

He muttered something into his bedsheets and waved a hand at the air. I crouched by the bed and leaned on my arms at the head of it.

"What now? With a lot less pillow in your mouth this time?" Benny didn't turn his head, so his voice remained muffled.

He made a little twirling hand gesture without removing his face from his pillow. "I want to be a dad" he mumbled. "But I'm to young to be a dad" he groaned.

He went on, "Oh, I know I'm being self-pitying. Ignore me" he mumbled. "You are being self-pitying." But I sort of liked it. I'd never seen anything like this Benny for so long at one time.

It was too bad he had to be miserable to make it happen. "I'm nearly done. You don't have much more of this to bear." He grumbled.

"I like you better this way." For some reason, admitting this made my face go hot right away; I was very glad that he still had his face pressed into his pillow and his family was not here.

"Crushed and broken," Benny said. "Just the way women like 'em". I let out a small laugh, "You'd be a great dad" I whispered. "What would we name her?!" He exclaimed, "Rosa" I mumbled.

"If, its a girl" I state sinking into his bed, "And if it's a boy?" He asks. "Why the baby talk?" Elizabeth said opening the door. "Future" Benny said, "When did you get here?" I asked fiddling with my fingers.

"Couple minutes ago, didn't want you kids getting frisky" she said letting out a laugh, Benny and I awkwardly laughed. Elizabeth eyed us, "Okay then" she said walking out the door, closing it behind her.

"My moms taking me to the doctors, in less than an hour" I grumbled, he lifted his head up from his pillow. "How are we going to explain to them this" Benny said shoving his head back on his pillow.
~~~~~~
My mom came to pick me up from the Rodriguez's home. After lots and lots of talking about babies, with Benny, I noticed how this baby has impacted me.

The appointment had been made since yesterday, there was no escaping this.
My mom turned down the radio, "What do you think you have? I hope it's not an infection" my mom said pulling the keys out the ignition.

"Well it could be many things, but I don't have a clue" I said opening the door as slow as possible. "C'mon hurry, you wouldn't want to be late now would you" my mom said dragging me into the clinic.

I groan seeing that the clinic was practically empty, except for a toddler and his mother. "Chance, come over here. Your checkup won't take long" the mom said from her seat, Chance stood up from the toys and wobbled over to his mother.

"Momma, when's Dadda coming back?" Chance asked, the smile not dropping from his little face.

But mine did, realizing that if I was pregnant, Benny's family would kill him, my family would kill him and disown me. The I'd loose everything including the baby.

The mom looked down at Chance, a small smile playing on her lips. "Dad is on a very long trip, for work. Remember?" she said bouncing him on her lap.

She turned and looked at me, giving me a small wave, I waved back, realizing I had been staring. "Come on" my mom said pulling me trough some halls and doors.

Doctor Almo. "What a weird name" o stated, pointing at the old plaque on the door. "Hello I'm Doctor Almo, I'll have to run some tests on you young lady" the doctor said walking out of his office. He looked old, maybe forty, grey and black hairs slicked back with gel.

After what felt forever he finished running over a thousand tests on me, or that's what I thought. "We shall talk in my office" the doctor said opening the door for us.

I took a seat on a leather maroon chair, my mom taking a seat on a matching maroon chair next to mine, the doctor following our actions taking a seat on his chair.

"I'm just a kid, things tend to happen" I blurted out, my mom turned to me, "What things tend to happen?" My mom said looking between the doctor and I.

"That doesn't shield you from the consequences" the doctor stated looking at his various papers. "Doctor, what is going on here?" My mom asked, trying to hold onto dear life.

"I'm surprised you haven't gained weight" the doctor said, which made me lose my shit. "What do you mean gain weight?" My mom said, almost shouting.

"Doctor, Chance is here to visit" the receptionist said interrupting our really intense conversation. "Excuse me for a bit" he said walking out.

"Grandpa" was all I heard before the door closed behind the doctor. "Grandpa, can I come in with you?" Chance asked from behind the door. The doctor opened the door, Chance running to the empty chair.

"Hello, I'm doctor Chance" he said smiling wide, "Chance" his mom said with a stern voice, I looked over my shoulder. She sympathetically smiled, Chance ran as fast as he could in those little legs out the office.

"Sorry for that" the Doctor said walking back to his seat, he let out a breath. Changing back into the persona that I was scared of. The persona that tells your parents your pregnant.

"Where were we? Ah yes. I'm impressed by the way that your daughter hasn't gained weight. Probably because she exercises a lot" he said turning to glance at me for a second, before looking back at my mom.

"Mrs.Smalls" the doctor said with a stern face, I knew it. I slightly sinked into the maroon leather chair, I had been siting on. My thighs were probably a sweating mess by now.

"Yes, Doctor" My mom says leaning forward on her seat, as if watching the most intense novela ever. I looked back at the doctor, "Mrs.Smalls, Your daughter is going to have" the doctor continued slightly pausing.