June 10, 1962

I rolled to the side trying to hide from the sun. Only to be stopped by a pair of arms. I looked up to see Benny holding me tight against his chest, I took this chance to take his scent, he smells like homemade tamales, I want some.

I slowly fell asleep again only to be awoken by voices, "Look at them they're so cute" said Jazmin. Click I looked up while shaking Benny awake, "Let me sleep I'll go eat later ma" mumbled Benny in a raspy voice. I smacked him even though his voice made me melt, "Whadda I miss" said Benny sitting up. "Apparently learning to respect your mother" I said while crossing my arms.

"Oh come on is the wittle bawie mawd" he asked while hugging me, I slowly gave in to the hug, I enjoyed it a little to much. Click.

"Come on stop taking pictures and lets go eat breakfast" I said while pulling Benny and myself up.
~~~~~~
After breakfast we ran to the sandlot to play. But of course Benny threw a homer, we didn't have an extra ball so we sent Yeah-Yeah and Squints to get one from Vincent's.

While we were waiting for them the rest of the gang played tag Benny and me just sat at the dugout and talked.

Until he randomly picked me up and threw me over his shoulders while running around the Sandlot, "Drop me I'm heavy and I'm probably killing you" I tried to reason. "Don't worry you aren't even heavy" said Benny. He finally dropped me and we hung out in the Dugout.

After thirty minutes they reappeared. "What took you so long?! We've been here forever already!" Questioned Benny.

"Squints was a pervin' a dish" said Yeah-Yeah. "Shut up I wasn't" yelled Squints while sitting next to me, while I simply put my arm around him receiving a scowl from Benny I simply shrugged it off.

"Yeah-Yeah you were, Your tongue was hangin' outta your head and you was swoonin'! Oh-oh Wendy Peffercorn my darlin' lover girl" said Yeah-Yeah teasingly.

"I can't take it no more, Benny. I'm bakin' like a toasted cheeser!" Said Ham who was sweating like a pig.

"Face it Benny, you gotta call it for the day" Squints tried to reason with Benny.

"Vote then. Everyone that wants to be a can't-hack-it panty waist, who wear their momma's bra, raise your hand" said Benny victoriously thinking he had got them. All they're hand flew up, I quickly raised my hand up. "You already wear your momma's bra" said Benny while smirking.

I scoffed at his comment. "So what are we gonna do?" Asked Benny. Yeah-Yeah started to laugh like a psychopath, "Scam Pool Honeys" they yelled in sync.

"Oh hell nah you guys can go but me and Jazmin are leaving" I said while pulling her with me.

"Why don't you want to go?" asked Jazmin. "Cause' they're gonna check out girls" I mumbled while looking down. "Oh I see is it because Benny is going to scam pool honeys and you like him" she said smirking .

"No, maybe, so what if I do" I said. "I call dibs on Yeah-Yeah" she mumbled as we walked away. "Hey Where Are You Going?" yelled Benny. "Home" I yelled back. "Oh" Benny said.

"To go change into our swim clothing how can we go to the pool in this" I said pointing to my jersey and shorts. "Oh we'll see you there" he yelled before walking back to the guys.

"Lets go get ready" I said to Jazmin. "What happened to not going to the pool" she teased. "A gal can change her mind , now can't she" I said in a horrible British accent while tipping my imaginary hat.

I wore my black bikini under some shorts and my jersey. "Jazmin look how hot I look ha nope" I said while hopping down the last steps of the stairs.

"What color?" she asked. "Black and let me guess you wore red" I said. "How did you know" she said while making a bitchy pose.

"Just a hunch" I said as I walked out the house with my towel and keys in hand.

I locked the door "What do you me-" she started. "Oh aren't you happy" I teased. "Happy? Happy for what?" Asked Sankofa.
"You're gonna see Yeah-Yeah shirtless uuuuuuu" I teased. "So, you're gonna see Benny shirtless uuuuuuu" she teased trying to get back at me.

We walked through the entrance, I laughed at Ham when he tried to flirt with the pool honeys, but scared them off by doing cannonball, hamonball.

"Where do you want to leave our stuff?" Jazmin asked while we walked around. "What about here?" I asked while pointing at the chair in front of us.

"Yea sure, hurry and change while I stay here" she ushered me to the changing rooms.

"Come with me just leave your towel" I said. "Yeah ok go go go" she said while shoving me. "Isn't someone excited to see Yeah-Yeah" I teased.

Once she was done taking off her shorts and tank top we walked back to the chair. "Let's get in the water" I yelled while pushing Jazmin in the pool, only to be pulled down with her.

"You're no fun" I said before laughing. I heard a gasp and focused my attention back on Jazmin, but she wasn't there. I giggled when I saw that Yeah-Yeah had pulled her down.

I turned around to look at the gang dunking each other but no Benny. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turn around expecting to see Benny's tan figure.

But was surprised when I saw a pale blond girl. "Um excuse me are you dating Benny?" She asked with a giggle. "Escayus you, Benny is just a friend" I said while swimming over to the guys. When I reached the gang I felt a hand on my shoulder again, I rolled my eyes and turned around only to be pulled underwater.

Once I regained my composure I looked for the culprit, "Which one of you was it?" I questioned while pointing a finger at them. "Yours truly" said a voice from behind me. "Benny, oh you're gonna get i-" I threatened.

Benny and now all the gang was staring at something, more like someone, the lifeguard was oiling up and down her legs while the boys just stared in gawk.

"Oh man" mumbled Benny.
"Yeah-Yeah, too cruel" said Yeah-Yeah , the look of heartbreak on Jazmin's face just made me more pissed.

"She don't know what she's doing" said Timmy. "She don't know what she's doing" repeated Tommy.

"Yeah she does. She knows exactly what she's doing" said Benny in a daydream. I stood up from my spot next to Benny and walked out of the pool towards the chair where I left my towel and stuff.

Jazmin soon caught on to what I was doing and followed my actions. We headed out but where abruptly stopped, "You little pervert!" yelled who I guess was one of the 'pool honeys' or the lifeguard.

Jazmin and me finally made it home and hit the shack, "I felt hurt by Benjamin, I didn't think he was like that" I mumbled to myself.

"Yeah me either I didn't think Ye- I mean Alan was like that" she mumbled back. "Night night" I yawned out. "Night" she mumbled.