June 22, 1962

"Mom's always gone when something interesting happens" I whispered to Sankofa from across the table eating breakfast. We had been up for about an hour, "Iris?" Benny said from upstairs. I made my way up to my room.

"Good morning Iris, I love you" he said getting up with bed hair.
"I love you" I said pulling him downstairs to eat. "Who made this? It's delicious" Benny said pointing at the food. "Yours truly" I said taking a bite out of an apple.

Benny picked up his plate and began to wash it. "Girls I gotta go home. See ya at the Sandlot" he said pecking my lips. "Bye" I said once he closed the door.

"When's Yeah-Yeah staying over?" I asked, realizing he never stayed over. "The day you stay over at Benny's" she said wiggling her eyebrows. "Soon" I whispered looking out the window.

"Mom's been out lots lately" Sankofa said. "She's been making friends" I said. "The mom's of the Sandlot guys?" She asked. I nodded, "They're great people" I stated throwing away the apple.

"Girls I'm home" My mom said walking inside the kitchen. "I also made a new friend" she says placing her keys on the counter. "Her name is Jennifer Stanley" she says with a smile. "Yeah cool mom, we're heading out. We love you" I said pulling Sankofa.

"I Love you girls" she said as we closed the door. "Yo That's Veronica's mom" I said Sankofa slapped a hand over her mouth. "Life is interesting" I groan.

We were halfway to the sandlot when Philips jumped in front of Sankofa and I.

She groaned, "What the hell do you want" I said looking at Philips dead in the eye. "I want-" he stopped mid sentence and pushed his lips on mine, click.

I reacted quickly kicking him in the groin, "Bitch!" he yelled. I spit in his face, wiping my lips. "You are one disgusting piece of shit" I mumbled kicking his side.

"You slut!" He yelled as we rounded the corner. "They took a picture" Sankofa said. "Well I'm fucked" I murmured. "I'll be there, for moral support" she said.

"No! Let's go get that fucking picture" I said running back to the scene. Philips was gone. Sankofa came running towards me, stopping half way. "We gotta hurry he's probably going to tell Benny!" I yelled running at full speed to the sandlot.

A black car comes full speed towards me, stopping and honking at me. I look into the window seeing Mrs.Stanley. "Bitch!" I shout.

We run into the Sandlot, I see the gangs back towards us. Someone in front of Benny, "She clearly cheated on you!" Shouts Veronica. I watch from afar as she shoves the picture in Benny's face.

"No!" He mumbled, his voice slightly cracking. The guys stare shocked as Veronica kisses Benny, he doesn't move. He doesn't stop her. He's frozen, I run towards her shoving her.
"What the hell" I shout, "What does it matter to you, Iris" Benny says staring at me.

Veronica then shoves her fist on my mouth, splitting it open with her plastic ring. I touch my new wound wincing in pain. I punch her one time knocking her on the floor again.

"How could you" I say my voice higher than I thought. "You kissed Philips" he said accusingly. "He kissed me, open your eyes Benjamin. Look at me in the picture my eyes are open!" I shout frustrated.

I wince in pain, since the shouting opens the wound. His eyes soften when he sees my busted lip. He attempts to hold my face, I shove his hands away. "Don't touch me, how can you not trust me?" I sigh walking away. Philips walks in to pick up Veronica.