September 8, 1962

I groan shoving whatever was next to me, I heard a thump by the end of the bed, I groggily pull myself up. I yawn rubbing my eyes.

When I'm sure I'm awake I crawl to the end of the bed, in search of the cause of the thump. I sigh in relief when I see Benny on the floor, thinking it was a burglar.

"Wait. Aren't you supposed to be in bed" I say to myself, Benny slowly stands up and throws himself on my bed.

"Can we just stay in bed?" Benny asks, looking at me, "I gotta babysit" I state laying back down. "No" Benny replied,  with a stern voice. A questioning sound left my lips, "We" he said a small smile playing on his lips.

I stand up, heading downstairs to make myself some breakfast. I jump down every two steps, landing on my feet with a very loud thump. Benny rushes out the room, "Are you okay?" He asks looking around to see if anything had been damaged.

I ignore his question and walk into the kitchen. I pour my milk into the bowl, placing it into the microwave, I press hard on the numbers 55.

Benny slumps down on a chair, "C'mon we don't have long until we have to pick up Chance" I said. I turn back to the microwave when I hear three annoying beeps.

I pull out the bowl settling it down on the counter, I blew cold air at my fingertips. Benny stands up to make his bowl of cereal, he looks over at my bowl, "Your weird" he says filling his bowl with cereal.

"What?" I ask, pouring the cereal on the bowl, he grabs the gallon of milk in front of me. "This is how you do it" he says pouring milk onto the cereal, "You're weird" I say getting two spoons.

I place my bowl on the table, not sitting down. "Why?" He asks taking a seat, placing one of the spoons onto his cereal.

"They're all soggy now, and this is how you properly make a bowl of cereal" I state grabbing a third white bowl.

"What are you doing?" Benny asked alarmed at my actions, I pour a little milk and cereal on the counter, then slowly placing the bowl on top of the mess.

"No this is how you do it" Benny said pulling out another bowl. He placed the bowl upside down, mirroring my bowl. He poured milk and cereal on top of it, he smirked down at his masterpiece.

I slowly clapped, "Now we need to clean up, all of this" I said, going back to the table to finish my cereal. He joined me after placing both plates in the sink.

After we finished our breakfast, I washed all the plates and cleaned the counter, Benny being the man he is, he washed the spoons.

"When are we picking up the kid?" Benny asked jumping on the couch, "Around 5" I said taking a seat on the smaller couch.
~~~~~~
We had been walking around the streets for the past fifteen minutes, no sign of the bright yellow house.

"There!" I shouted, people beginning to stare at me as I pointed at the house. We ran past two more houses and we finally arrived.

I raise my fist, ready to knock, "You knock" I said stepping back from the door, letting my fist fall to my side. "No, you knock" Benny says backing away, "How can I help you?" Benny and I stared at the boy sanding in front of us.

"We're here for Chance" I said, peeking inside the house. "Oh" he said walking in holding the door open for us, "Natalie! There's this girl here!" He shouted.

He turned back and looked at me, he licked his lips, raising an eyebrow. Loud footsteps followed by smaller ones came from upstairs. "Hey Jacky, and" she said tying Chance's shoes.

"Benny" he answered, "her boyfriend" he snarled at the other boy. "Sorry if Daniel was rude, he's like that" she apologized handing Chance a small action figure.

"Nat who's taking care of Chance?!" A voice shouted from upstairs, "Come Downstairs!" Ivy shouted. A small oh left both mine and Benny's lips, Chance looked at me and mimicked my oh.

"You know each other?" Natalie asked, Daniel threw himself on the couch. "Drama" he singsonged, "Uh Yeah we go to school" I said, Chance ran to my his tiny hand taking ahold of mine.

"Can we talk?" Ivy asked, Natalie picked up her bag and a uniform for work from the kitchen table, "Take care" she said closing the door after her.

"I'm really sorry, I want to start all over again. Can we be friends? All of us?" She asked looking down. I nodded, doubting myself for a second.

Benny thought about it a little too long, "Give her a chance" I said looking at the side of his face. Chance ran to Ivy, "I already gave her a chance" Chance said pointing at himself. Small laughs grew in the room, "Sure" Benny said nodding.
~~~~~~
We where now at the sandlot, introducing Chance to the Beast. Chance was more excited to see the Beast, which was surprising.

"Hercules! Come here boy" I said clapping, Hercules ran to me licking my face. "Big Doggie" Chance said, "Wanna pet him" I said, rubbing Hercules' head.

He slowly approached him, he petted his back, once he got the hang of it he began running around with him.
~~~~~~
After playing we headed home, and after three hours we got a call from Ivy asking us to bring back Chance.

"Protect him at all costs" I said to Ivy and Natalie when we walked out the door. They both nodded, "Bye girls" Benny said taking my hand in his.

"Race?" He asked, "Your on Rodriguez" I said taking a running stance. "I give you permission" I said smirking, "For what?" He asked taking his stance next to me.

"To stare at my ass while I beat yours" I shout running, "I already do that without permission!" He shouted back, catching up to me.

"How do you even do this!" I shout, he was already in front of me, my house was just down the street. "Don't know" he shouts, running faster.

I run as fast as my little legs can carry me, he was already at my door. I finally make it to the door practically falling on the doorsteps. "My bones are tired" I said walking inside.

"I'm going to rest" I said, walking slowly up to my room. "Let's go" Benny said following me, him running ahead of me.

"Goodnight" I said inside the covers, "Night" he said.