Chapter One

Chapter One

"Oh." I say, taking the laundry out of the machine and placing it into the closest washing basket. I was about to start a load of washing to help Mum out since she's always working so hard, and I feel she doesn't need to come home and have to continue some form of work, so since the age of six, I've been helping out around the house.

Mum had just told me the machine was broken, she doesn't know how but she knows that it just won't start, and that I'll have to take a walk down to the Laundromat until Mum get's enough money to either get it repaired or buy a new one, she said she's had it for yonks, and that she'll just get a new one.

I slip on my black converses, sitting the white laundry basket down on my bed as I tie my laces. I grab the basket, and drag myself downstairs. I will say, I hate cleaning, I hate it with a passion and if I ever get enough money, I will get a maid, I do it because I love my mother and she doesn't need to come home to a messy house after her late morning shifts at work.

I hug my mother before exiting through the front door, shutting it gently behind me.

Once I've placed all the washing into the machine down at the laundromat, I place a one dollar coin in the money thing, and go to press the big red go button.

"I wouldn't press that." Says a male voice behind me. I spin around on my heels, to face the person that had just spoken to me, which turns out to be a boy maybe around seventeen, eighteen so around my age. He has side swept blonde hair, and looks to be quite tall, as well as bright blue eyes.

"Why not?" I say.

"Unless you want this place to be flooded with dirty washing water, I wouldn't. Didn't you read the sign?" The boy says pointing to a sign on the wall above the washing machine reading 'Out of Order.' Well, I must look dumb now, don't I? I think so very much, it's in bold black writing on an A3 piece of paper, how did I miss it?

"Oh, thanks." I say, spinning around on my heels to face the machine. I tumble the clothes back into the basket, and move over to the machine next to it, I shove my clothes in and fill the machine with washing powder, I place another gold one dollar coin in, and go to press the red button.

"That one's out of order too. Read the signs, are you blind?" The boy says pointing over to the signs lined up on the walls, all but two machines are not out of order. So, I'm guessing I'll be here for while, seeing that's it's already 8:05pm.

"I'm not blind, I'm just in a rush, thank you very much." I say, placing my hands on the basket, and pulling it up onto my hip as I walk over and sit in the empty sit next to this guy. I place the basket down on the ground, and yank my phone from my back pocket.

"Rushing will get you hit by a bus." The blonde haired idiot says turning his head to face me, but I narrow my eyes at him.

"What's your deal?" I ask, turning my vision on to the washing swirling in the machine in front of me, I have a feeling I'm going to be bumping into this guy a lot more often then I'm hoping, looks like he is very use to this place.

"My deal is, people can't read for shit. You have eyes, use them." He says, placing his eyes back onto his mobile in front of him. Well, hello to you too. What is this guy's deal? Why does he have to be so mean? I mean, yeah rushing isn't good, and that I should read signs but why does he have to be so damn rude about it?

I scoff.

I focus on the mobile device in front of me, and play a nice friendly game of Flappy Birds, I like to say I'm quite good at it, all my friends haven't even passed four while I'm here on three hundred and sixty six, I like to call myself a good gamer, I like playing video games, and apps on my phone, call me a geek, I won't care.

"Why do you need to be so rude? Weren't you taught how to speak kindly to others?" I say, I hate not getting along with other people, I hate making enemy's but unfortunately in life, there will always be someone you won't like, and someone that won't like you either, and you need to learn to accept that. I'm not good at accepting for someone to hate me for not reading a bloody 'Out of Order' sign, like who be's rude to someone over not reading an 'Out of Order' sign?

"Why are you talking to me? When someone shut's their mouth and focuses on something else, usually that means they aren't interested in speaking to you." He say's his blue eyes flickering over to mine. First off, I will say that this kid isn't exactly unattractive, he is actually pretty good- as what my friend Megan says- pretty good 'eye candy'. If only he didn't have the dick-y attitude.

"You don't even know me and speaking to me like I've been your enemy for your entire life. You don't need to be so mean." I say, folding my arms across my chest. I really hope this persons laundry hurry's up so I can wash my clothes and piss of out of here, I don't want to breathe the same air as this dick for five more minutes.

"For your information, I do know you, at least your name. Your Yenessa, I'm in your English class, you hang out with that chick, Megan. You always manage to be the hot topic of the popular dicks. Your just another one of those wannabe popular's." I scoff again, 'hot topic of the popular dicks?', 'Another one of those wannabe populars?'. I'm no wannabe, it's Megan who's the wannabe not me, I just hang out with her cause she's the only person I know at that school, and I never knew I was the hot topic of the 'dicks' at our school.

"And you are?" I ask, but he just chuckles.

"Like I'd tell you?" He says, chuckling after wards while running his hand through his blonde hair and ruffling it up a little. I'll just find out his name when Miss. Jensen calls out the roll, and he answers with a 'here' when she calls his name.

One of the machines in front of us beep, the guy stands up yanking his ripped tight black jeans up as he walks over, he puts his washing into his basket then begins walking to the exit of the laundromat, his eyes not un-narrowing from me.

Well, isn't he an interesting prick?