Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

It's Saturday and Luke's been tutoring me with my Math for the past two hours. Never in my life would I have thought someone that looks so grunge would have been so good at Math. I could have had Shane help me but he would have done the whole 'but I have some studying too, and blah, blah, blah'.

It turns out the party is tonight, Luke told me it was short notice, but this was seriously out of nowhere! What would I wear? I don't own many dress- No, I do. But I'm only going with Luke. But it's a party, why not dress up?

"So, when you cross out the negative nine, to move it to the other side of the equation it then becomes a plus." Luke says, dragging the pencil from one side of the equation to the other. Yeah, I find math really confusing, it's hard for me to process. I'm a visual learner so Maths is very much not my thing. All those numbers and letters mixing up in a jumble in my brain...it’s just…ugh! 

"Do you understand?" Luke asks, looking into my eyes as he takes them off the work book in front of us. He snaps his fingers in front of my face when he sees me going cross-eyed from boredom. I jerk to attention and nod my head. I don't understand it a lot, but I get the general idea of it.

He rolls his eyes in amusement.

"Okay, good. Just do the rest of these, and you're done, as long as you know about the negatives turning into a plus when moved to the opposite side, and vice versa, you’re fine. You'll pass." Luke says, handing me the pencil. Luke swings back on the chair, holding the back of mine. I turn my head looking over at him, and place my hand on his chest.

"Want a repeat of what happened last time you did this?" I smirk at him. He shakes his head and drops his seat down immediately, so all four legs are now on the floor instead of the back too. I laugh loudly, moving my hand, and continue my Math work.

It's around three pm, seeing as Luke and I hadn't woken up until twelve. We began working at around one thirty so it’s been a good hour and a half. Luke's planning to go home and shower, and walk back here at five, and from there Luke and I will walk back to his place, where around seven, Ashton will come around and pick us up from Luke's and then go pick up the other guys. Luke likes having times worked out, and I had only figured this out today. I told Luke I could just drive there or walk there but he insisted on coming here and walking me. 

I drop the pencil and shut my book, finally finished my Math revision thanks to Luke. I need to repay him in some way but honestly I don't know another subject I'm good at that Luke sucks at.

"Luke, I'm done." I say, Luke's eyes move from the painting on the wall and onto mine. He looks down at the book and flips through the revision section. He looks up at me with a smile.

"They seem to be all right, so you should pass. And if you don't…I'll hug you until you die. Nah, I'm kidding…who gives" Luke chuckles, placing the book down. He then stands up, tugging those ever-saggy pants up. I stand up too, and he wraps his arms around me, embracing me tightly.

"I'll see you at five." He says, I pull out of the hug and we both smile as I walk him to the front door. He leaves, while waving to me. I then shut the door, and bolt up stairs. What am I going to wear? It's a party! Not a casual day at the park, a flipping party! Loud music, alcohol, sweaty bodies, constant chatting, flirting, making out, and other weird stuff, but I can't go in jeans, can I? I wish I could go to one with Shane, but he's not much fun…why am I saying this? 

****

It's reached 4:30 pm and I'm still rifling through my closet, it's mostly filled with ripped jeans, converse, a bunch of heels, band shirts, school clothes and then my draws are filled with all this other crap, I've practically torn my room apart to find something to wear. I search my wardrobe desperately one more time, throwing all my clothes onto my bed, as I shuffle the fabric around searching for something that's not a piece of my school uniform.