Chapter Thirty-Three

It's been a week, and weirdly, it's been a good week. I haven't self harmed, I've been smiling more, and for some weird reason I haven't seen Shane, Sarah or Megan around at school, it's so weird, because I haven't seen any of them for the whole week. Maybe they dropped out or something, I really don't care because no one has been mean to me all week, I haven't gotten any 'go kill yourself' texts, since I smashed my iPhone, I bought a new one the other day, and a new sim card, so they can't text me anymore of those texts.

I haven't seen Luke much this week, only at recess and lunch. We always spend a ton of time together after school and stuff, but I don't mind because he and the boys are have been writing a bunch of songs, rehearsing songs for gigs at a few different pubs.

I got a job though, finally. I've been handing my Mum some of my money to replace all the pocket money she had given me in the past, but she only wants me to give her a dollar, nothing more. I had an argument with her telling her I owe her, but she says she doesn't care, she doesn't want me to pay her back. I got a job at Village Cinemas, I'm a cashier at the snack bar, we're so many rude customers are at, they always complain saying 'Give me more fucking popcorn, this isn't fucking four bucks worth!', then I snap at them telling them to bring their own popcorn next time, I'm surprised I'm not fired.

"Here you go, enjoy your movie." I say, smiling while handing a two girls two boxes of popcorn, and two drinks.

I look up at the clock seeing the time as 8:00pm, the time my shift ends, I work from 4:00-8:00 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I get payed nine dollars and hour. One hundred and forty-four dollars a week, that's really good.

Daniel comes and takes over his own shift, and I gather my things ready to leave. I pick up my phone, seeing I have two miss texts from Luke. I grab my jacket, and slip it on, taking off my working hat, shoving it into my bag. I slip my bag onto my shoulder, and exit the cinema through the 'STAFF ONLY' exit. I undo my ponytail, about to unlock my phone to read the full texts from Luke, but a call comes through from Luke. I slide the green button and press the phone to my ear.

"Hi." He says, chuckling afterwards. I chuckle too, smiling.

"Hi." I say, smiling, biting my lip afterwards. This boy makes me so damn happy. So, darn happy. I hear him taking a few deep breaths, and Ashton's girly giggle in the background. Like I've said before- I think- Ashton's giggles vary, Michael agrees with me on it too. Sometimes he sounds like a teenage girl, he says, and other times he sounds like an old man. We both agree on it. I hear one of the boys making kissy noises, and I hear Luke cover the phone with his hand-I'm guessing- and hear him tell them to shut up, faintly.

"How are you?"

"Good. You?" I say, kicking a few rocks with my feet, something I don't do a lot but something Luke does all the time.

"I'm good too, it's nice to be finally hearing your voice."

"It's been seven hours and twenty five minutes since the last time you heard my voice, your talking as if you haven't heard my voice in weeks." I say, chuckling, hopefully getting my Math right for once.

"Yeah, but we usually hang out after school all the time, this is just so…out of my routine." He says, chuckling. I chuckle.

"Well, you were being cute. I like it when your cute." I say, biting my lip.

"I'm not cute!" He exclaims. "Everyone tells me I'm cute, and even Calum does, I'm a man! Men aren't cute, they're mean't to be hot, and stuff." I chuckle at him.

"Hey, I said you were being cute, I didn't say you were cute." I say.

"I am cute!" Luke says. "I'm a seventeen year old boy that likes penguins, how much cuter can I get?"