Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

It's Thursday, the days seem to be moving slower for me, and I hate it. I just want this week to end, I just- I can't do it. Luke's red as tomato everyday when he watches Megan say shit to me, he goes like all red, and scrunches his fingers into a ball, and he tenses up and stuff. Megan doesn't know when to stop, neither does Sarah. The rumors about me- that I still don't know what they are- are getting worse, more people are bagging me, glaring at me and I just can't do it. I don't know what I've done, I mean that bitch fight Megan and I had, must have something to do with this, but why would people believe everything that comes out of her and Sarah's mouth, when everyone knew a few things they said in the fight was a lie?

I'm one of those people at our school that smiles at people, I don't even know just to be nice, I say 'hi' to that kid that sits at the back of the school and seems to have no friends. Luke says I'm a nice person, and such a positive one. But now, I'm nice yet negative, and I don't like it at all.

I haven't cried at school though since Monday. I've decided to hold back my tears all day at school, and wear a fake smile. The minute I get home from school, I run upstairs, into my room locking the door behind me, and curl up to my pillow and let everything out. Luke tells me too, do this. He said 'Just let everything out, don't hold them back.' and he also told me to call him if I want too. 

I seriously don't know what I do without him.

I had just gotten home, today the bullying stuff was bad but not as bad, but I don't want to cry. I go upstairs to my room, dropping my school bag on the floor. I open up my draws, pulling out leggings, and a sweater. I change into them, and chuck on a pair of converses, before grabbing my phone and leaving my room.

A nice walk to the park looks good.

I put my on the kitchen counter, and adjust the messy bun my hair is in, it was falling out a bit, and too many baby hairs were loose, and got annoying. I grab my phone and keys from the bench, and walk to the front door. I lock the door behind me and begin walking down to the park that's not even two minutes away.

I get to the park, and take a seat on the empty swing, the same swing where Luke and I took all those selfies that day we went to the cinemas to watch Monsters University. I smile at thinking about that day, and then narrow my eyes when Megan came in and annoyed the shit out of us. We had so much fun that day, Luke and I.

I slowly swing myself, kick my legs to get higher. I love swings, the winds in your hair, and you just- I love it. I weirdly find swings relaxing, it's just your sitting under the clouds, watching them moving around while the wind goes through your hair, and the suns on your back, and your just swinging.

It's relaxing.

I start swinging high, like really high. I smile, feeling like a little kid. I stop swinging, and pull out my phone that had just vibrated. I got a text from Mum twenty minutes ago telling me she's going to work, and that Lavigne's at Tabitha. Turns out she isn't a 'butt head' anymore. I scroll through my texts from Megan and Shane, and delete them as well as their numbers. I know deleting their numbers mean that I won't be able to contact them, but they can still contact me.

I see a figure walking across the oval of the park, I see that it's actually Luke, and jump up out of the swing. He's nose is bleeding,and his hands covering it. He has a bruise forming near his eyebrow, a busted lip and his hand covering his nose has blood on it, there's way more blood on him then I've seen before. I run over to Luke, and stand in front of him.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I got into a fight with Shane, again." He says, wincing at the pain in his nose. "And I promise, he looks worse then what I do."