Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

So, Luke didn't get suspended. He got a warning since this was his first time having a punch on, on school grounds. As for Shane, he did get suspended…turns out this wasn't his first punch on, so I guess I really didn't know as much about him as I thought.

Luke was here today. I've forced him to come home with me, to speak about this whole 'dead father' thing Shane was talking about. I know it's none of business and stuff, but he told me a different story, and stuff and now I'm just so confused.

We get to my place, I unlock the door holding it open for this blonde haired idiot to walk in. He walks in, and I walk in behind him, locking the door behind me. Luckily for me, Mum's not here, and once again, Lavigne went home with Tabitha. I really hope Tabitha doesn't show Lavigne any other 'interesting' things you can do with Barbie dolls, cause if Mum catches Lavigne…doing…that, with those dolls, she'll never see another plastic human being again. All I know is that Luke is really creeped out by my…adorable little sister.

I grab his hand, and drag him to the couch. We both sit down.

"So…why'd you want me to come over?" Luke asks, running a hand through his hair. I look down and find my hands still holding his. I let go, and drag my hand away from his, sitting it on my lap.

"What was Shane talking about- I know it's none of my business but-"

"My father, yeah?" Luke says, I nod my head, and he begins to fiddle with his fingers.

"Well, I didn't lie to you. He did leave me when I was little, but the day he did, he go into a car accident, and the other driver…was Shane's Father, and Shane was a passenger…it's a long story really, I'm willing to tell you it, but it's long. I like opening up to you." Luke says, pulling his lip piercing between his teeth. I sigh.

Shane? Shane's Father? Could that be why they like don't get along or something? I don't know I guess I'll just wait until he tells the long story. But I'm happy he's willing to open up to me, he doesn't know how much the means to me, that he's able to do that.

"Okay, when I was four, my Dad left, without reason. I don't think he could handle all the children running around the house or something I don't know but he left the house, yelling at my Mum, while she was in tears about him leaving her. I just stood by the door watching my Dad leave. My brothers Ben and Jack were 7, their un-identical twins, they were tucked away in their rooms playing some video game or something. But I always hated it when my parents yelled, I just hated it. But I watched it happen, when Dad was at the front door with my mother screaming at him, crying because she didn't want him to leave; I was about to go say bye but he left before I could. I was closer to my Dad then my Mum, Jack and Ben were Mama's boys." He says, taking a deep breath before speaking up again.

"He left and that night, he got into a car accident under the influence of alcohol. Turned out the other person in the car, was Shane's father, and Shane was in the back. Shane was injured with a broken leg, while his Dad ended up paralyzed, and my Dad, died. I never found out until two years ago, when my Mum felt it was time to tell me. Obviously, we didn't go to his funeral, so I didn't even get to say goodbye. Shane hates me because he blames my father for the cause of his Dad being paralyzed. I should be the one hating him, but it was my fathers fault that accident happened, he was under the influence of alcohol. But he shouldn't be hating me for something I didn't do, something I didn't have control over." Luke says, his voice cracking. A tear falls down his cheek, and now I feel guilty. I wanted to know about his father, and this why he is now breaking down into tears.

I had always wanted to know why Shane's father was paralyzed but no one actually told me, goodness me I'm such a nosy person. So, that's why Shane and Luke never really got along all because of something they both had no control over, something that wasn't their fault? Something that happened to their fathers is the reason for the hatred towards each other? That's silly.