Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Luke unlocks the door, and opens it up. He holds it open and bends over swinging an arm into the direction of the door, gesturing for me to walk.

“Ladies, go first.” He says, with a smile. I roll my eyes, and smile at him, before walking into his house. He has a nice house, it’s really…modern. You know the light latte colored walls, white wall trimming’s, espresso colored floor boards, the white, the smooth metal décor. The whole modern thing, I like the modern styled houses, but I also love the retro styled ones too.

Luke walks in after me, shutting the door behind himself. He spins himself around to face me, shoving his hands into the pockets of his tight skinny jeans. He looks around while rocking on his heels.

“So, Yenessa. Whatcha wanna do?” Luke says, I give him a smile and shrug my shoulders. He smiles. His eyes widen, and he grabs my hand, practically running down a corridor, dragging me into what I think is his room, due to the Blink 182, Nirvana and All Time Low posters scattered on the walls of his room, as well as the electric guitar sitting on his bed.

“I forgot, Michael and I went to this shop, and we made this.” Luke says, digging behind a few things before placing a neatly folded piece of fabric in my hands, he looks into my eyes and smiled. “It reminded us of you. But we kinda tweaked it a little.” he finishes, running a hand through his hair.

I unfold the white fabric, and look at the front. It says ‘5SOS’s number #1 fan’ in thick black bolded writing then underneath it, it has the 5 Seconds of Summer logo. I chuckle.

“We just had to make it. We saw this shop where you can print shirts. It originally just had the 'number one fan' writing only, but yeah we changed it up.” Luke says, he hands me a plastic CD case, and runs a hand through his hair, again. A habit of his I'm guessing since like every second he does it.

“I also copied all our songs onto a disk for you, we recorded them on Calum’s microphone thingy, so it’s a studio copy. So, now you can ‘fan girl’ about us in your room.” Luke says with a smile. Is it just me, or is this the cutest thing ever? I think it’s cute, it's just...adorable. Yet, I find everything adorable.

“Thanks, Luke.” I say, smiling. He gives me a smile. All I know is, I’m going to have this music pumped up on my speaker twenty four seven, and let my hair down, while dancing around my room like a crazy person, but I’d never admit to Luke or the rest of the boys that I’ll be doing that. 

“You’re welcome. We just had to. You’re our number one fan.” He says, with a smile. “I mean yesterday, we all heard your scream over all the other girls screams, that’s saying something.” Luke chuckles and I do too. I wasn’t trying to be louder or anything yesterday, I just…I was being supportive, and also…well, I was just excited, I love his band a ton, their music is incredible, and addictive. I spent some of last weekend trying to figure out a way to download their music, but I’m a bit bad-I’m horrible with downloading and stuff, it’s not my thing. I’m not much of a computer person. Type writers all the way! 

Luke kicks around a basketball on the floor of his messy room, it isn’t ‘girl’ messy, it’s full on typical ‘boy’ messy, you know, clothes thrown around everywhere, pizza boxes scattered around, a basketball hoop taped up on the door of his wardrobe, but honestly my room is close to this, minus the pizza boxes, and add a lot more band posters.

“You wanna play?” Luke says, raising his eyebrows, while kicking the ball up into his hands. I can never say no to basketball. Let’s say when I was like ten-fourteen I was quite the tomboy, converses, basketball shorts, more guy friends-it’s still a bit like that-then girlfriends, video games, sports, and the hatred for make-up. The only thing out of that that's changed is that I don’t wear basketball shorts, and converses only anymore, I wear dresses too. When I was ten-fourteen, you’d never, ever see me in a school dress, or a party dress, same for heels. I’d would have rather died then wore any of those when I was younger. As for the sports and video games…I’m a geek when it comes to video games, and I still love sport, I just would rather paint my nails, jokes. Na, I play sport all the time, better to do that then paint nails, and go shopping any day.