Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Two weeks have passed, it's Thursday today, I have double English today, our timetable has changed a bunch for some weird reason but I have double. I like English because I find that I'm quite good at it, with Essays, and Language Analysis, I'm quite good with those but when it comes to an Oral Presentation, I'm terrible as I'm quite scared to go speaking in front of my classmates.

I just recently had HPE Theory and Maths, so now it's finally lunchtime, and clearly Luke's better so he's been here, and I'm glad he is. As for Shane, I found out that he doesn't study at all, my theory was correct…he was either making out with Megan or something else. I mean, after finding out that he was with Megan when he told me…I figured out that when he said he had finished his 'studying', it was on days I hadn't seen Megan around, I worked that out half way through The Notebook I watched with Luke, I know it's not really a sappy film, but I love it. Ice-cream and romance films really work, like right now…even though I still love Shane…a smidge- Oh, fuck it…I don't know what love is to be honest, so how can I sit there thinking I love Shane when I'm just saying I do, for some reason I know deep down, that I didn't love him like I thought, well I told myself I loved him, but who knows for sure. I mean, thinking it over now…Did I actually love him? That question gives me a head ache from too much thinking.

I meet Luke at his locker, he usually meets me at mine, but he always walks ten minutes just to meet me at my locker, when it could have taken him two seconds to go to his spot he and the boys sit at, at lunch…intend of walking ten minutes over to my locker…then walking ten minutes back to our lunch spot.

"Hey, Luke." I say, smiling it at him while looking over the back of my shoulder, while tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I heard some weird noises come from some of the Year Sevens mouths, walking past us. Freaking Twelvies…they are adorable but annoying as. I won't ever tell them that though, it's something I'll keep to myself.

Is it wrong that even though he loves me, I'm acting as if he never said it? I just, I don't want this new friendship we had just developed to go down hill, I really like having him as a friend…and him loving me, it doesn't make me feel awkward or anything, it's just…I don't feel that way about him, and- I can't explain it okay.

"Hi? Why are you here?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows while locking his locker shut. He shakes his head and smiles, his dimples appearing. "Sorry. That sounded rude, like you never come to me I always come to you, it's just out of my routine." 

"Eh, you always come to me, so I thought I'd come to you. Routine?" I question, looking at him as we walk over to the bench where the boys are yet no where to be seen.

"Like, it's a habit. Walking to your locker, it's weird not walking over there, and you coming over to me for a change." He says, taking a seat on the bench. I tuck my dress under my bum, so it doesn't scrunch up when I sit down. I fold one leg over the other, and begin to randomly braid my hair to the side. It's finally Autumn, I'll admit, I'm more off a winter person…I don't like Autumn very much, it rains a lot at times, and the wind gets in your eyes…no, I just don't like it.

We go quiet, just kind of enjoy each others presence like usual, I chip some of my nail polish off, while we sit here in silence. I don't mind silence, if with everyone I go silent with, it's like the silence Luke and I share, but awkward silences and normal silences…I hate…I like noise, not like loud noise, but I like to at least hear a bird sing, or something.

Luke scoots close to me so our thighs are touching one anothers. He leans over and puts his lips next to my ear, his hot breath tickling my skin. When someones goes to whisper in your ear, why does their breath always have to be so damn ticklish?