Chapter Twenty-Three

It's finally the holidays, yay! Well, the school bell had just rung, and every single student bolted out of the classrooms in large groups, running around shouting 'good-byes' to each other. I honestly don't get why some people act as if it's the last day of the year, when we're only going to be away for two weeks, that's half a month. I'm sure someone will throw some wicked party, and then we'll all be reunited sometime over the Easter Holidays.

Speaking of reuniting, Luke is walking towards me now, we haven't seen each other all day, our class timetables have been changed, ready for next term and this week as been the first week of working in that timetable.

I now have double English period 5 and 6 on Tuesdays, Period 1 on Wednesday, Period 4 on Thursday and Period 2 on Mondays, so all days of the week besides Fridays.

Luke smiled at me, holding onto the straps of his backpack, while pulling his piercing between his teeth. He looks up at me, then stares back down at the ground before wrapping his arms around me, suffocating me in his recently sprayed cologne. I know because when I spray a perfume on me, it's really strong at first then after a few minutes the smell get's the slightest bit weaker, and sorta stays like that, well Luke's cologne smells really strong, it could have been that recently sprayed it on, or he just has a really strong cologne on.

"Hey." Luke says, his voice sound raspy, and dry. He usually has this loud, clear voice but today it seems to be...croaky. Maybe he's coming down with something?

"Hey?" I slowly say, furrowing my eyebrows. He usually greets me, and just about the rest of the human population with a simple 'Hi', not 'Hello' or 'Hey'. Him not saying 'Hi' is just so out of the ordinary, I find it so weird. Since I'm so use to him saying 'Hi'.

"Hi." He says, smiling. He rolls his eyes afterwards, obviously saying 'Hi' to please me.

He sniffles, before running his hand through his hair, something I haven't seen him do for a while especially that lip biting, lip piercing between teeth thing, it'd been a while since I've seen him do that, after today.

"That's better, Lukey." I say, ruffling his hair. I put my hand over my mouth and giggle at the groan that escapes his lips.

"How many times do I need to tell you, woman? Not the hair, I put a lot of effort into my quiff thing what ever it's called. Don't make me cry." Luke says, his voice cracking in between most of the words he said. I've seen him do his hair before, all he does his run gel through his hair, practically spiking it up but in a sleek, quiff style instead and it doesn't even take him two minutes, it takes me a whole night for my hair to be wavy. I have full on ringlet curly, I just braid my hair every night, throw in some Argon Oil here and there and a satin cap, I put a ton of effort, but less than two minutes of doing hair for Luke, is a lot of effort. For the getting ready area, as for school Luke doesn't need to put much effort in it, because he's good and just about every subject besides English, he's pretty smart. I guess we all have different areas we put a lot of 'effort' into. I hope I'm making some sense.

"Sorry." I say, biting my lip trying to suppress my laugh. He's so serious about it, like the expression- He just so serious about his hair, that- I have to hold my laugh in.

He smiles, before pulling me into another hug, pulling me a little bit closer to him this time. I pull my bag strap over my shoulder, since my bag fell to the crook of my arm.

Luke coughs. I've never heard him cough before, but all I know is he isn't a quiet cough-er, he coughs, pretty loud. Louder than normal, to clear things up. He throws his bag onto the ground, unzipping it. He grabs a scarf, and wraps it around his neck, and pulls out cough lozenges, popping on into his mouth, so clearly he is sick, yeah? Na, Yenessa, he is so not sick that's why he put on a scarf, cause Luke totally wears scarfs all the time.