Chapter Two

Chapter Two

'Tonight we'll dance, I'll be yours and you'll be mine.'

I pull my iPhone out of the back pockets of my jeans, I press the big green button and press it to my ear. I shove one of my hands into the front pockets of my jeans as I wonder around my back yard, occasionally looking up at the nice morning sun.

"Hey, Shane." I say, smiling.

Shane has been my boyfriend for the past three months we haven't had much history together, but I feel like I'm slowly falling for him. He is one of the sweetest guys I've met, but I have this feeling he's hiding something about him from me, and that's one of the things that hasn't made me fall for him already, I want to make sure I know him inside and out before I start pulling out the 'I love you' card.

"Hey, babe. Look, I'll cut to the chase. Do you want to come over tomorrow? My parents are out of town, so we'll have the house to ourselves." Shane says, I can imagine him smiling. I'll like to add that no, Shane is not a popular 'dick', in fact he is actually a bit of geek, he hangs out in the library to study all the time, he hates sports, but I think he's perfect.

I look over in my schedule I have planned out in my mind, I may only be in Year Eleven, but man I have a busy schedule, this weekend I seem to be free, accept I have to go take a trip down to the good ol laundromat. I prefer going at night since not a lot of people go at night, it's usually just that guy and I, and some mexican looking guy we both don't know.

Speaking of which, it's been a week and half since I've been going down there, that guy is still a bit of prick, but he can be quite kind sometimes, when he's in a good mood. I seem to feel that he has problems maybe at home or something, I don't want to be mean to him for being mean to me, then find out he has home problems, I will never forgive myself.

I still haven't figured out his name, he marks his name off when he gets to class, he asks Miss. Jensen to tick it off, so that's why I know everyone in my English classes names besides his, cause he gets his name 'privately' marked off. That boy is an odd egg out of the bundle, but I like odd.

"Yeah, I seem to be free, but I can't stay the night. I've to do a few house chores, Mum's working this weekend." I say, Shane groans over the phone.

"But I'll make it up to you. Mum isn't working next week, you can come over, Lavigne will be at my Nan's so we'll have the top floor to ourselves." I say, he chuckles. Shane and I met in our Art class, I was never good at painting but he showed me how to get the perfect strokes with the brush and stuff, and now I'm actually quite good at Art, we got to know each other and became great friends before I started developing a crush on him, turned out he had developed one for me too then he asked me out, and now we've been together for three months.

"Okay, great. I'll pick you up at twelve. Bye, babe." He says, shuffling going on in the background I don't get to say good bye because he had already hung up before I got the chance too.

I sprawl myself out on the bright green grass, closing my eyes to prevent getting them burnt by this typical Australian sun, here in Sydney it doesn't rain a lot but in Melbourne one day it's rainy and the next it's nearly forty degrees, during the summer time.

I feel relaxed lying down underneath the bright warm sun. One day I want to get a hammock so I can sit underneath the sun swinging on it and maybe even take a nice comfortable nap until the beautiful night sky comes through. I usually nap on the grass and my back kills when I wake up seeing as the dirt underneath me isn't exactly soft, I usually wake up at six or seven at night after napping on the grass, so from around one to six at night, nearly six hours. Of course my back is going to hurt.