Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

It's Tuesday, I passed my Maths test getting an A. That's the highest score, I've gotten in Maths, my original highest score was an F, but now it's an A, and all because of Luke's help, I would have failed if it weren't for him.

Speaking of Luke, I haven't seen him since Saturday night when he walked out of the bathroom, Ashton told me he's been staying at home, thinking or something like that, I'm not worried this time because I know he's a smart guy, and the night of the party he was a little drunk, that's why I was so worried, and I'm sure he isn't drunk at the moment…hopefully.

I haven't asked Shane about Megan, or that child she's apparently carrying. I don't want to believe but unfortunately, I sorta do. It seems like a thing that would happen to Megan, but I never thought it'd be Shane's kid, that's the thing that I'm not believing. It's was hard to take that all in, I had nearly five vodkas that night, I was quite pissed Shane and Luke fought, then I found out Luke loved me, found out Shane's made my ex-best friend pregnant…it was all too much to take in. I'm still shocked about this all.

Anyway, I've been hanging out with Michael, Ashton and Calum. I love these boys a ton, they just keep getting funnier and funnier each day, they are just incredible people, and I'm happy I met them, they know how to lighten up a situation without over doing it, and they alway manage to put a smile on your face no matter what, they are truly perfect. Right now, I'm walking home alone from school. I have to do the laundry tonight, meaning I'm going to be going down to the laundromat, Mum did it on Saturday, and I've bee slack on the past few days, so yeah.

I tighten my grip on the handle of my shoulder bag, pushing my hair behind my back with my spare hand. When he said, 'I love you.', I was lost for words, I mean what would you say if your best friend you've known for around two months said that they loved you, when you love someone else. You'd die, right? Not legit but then I said what I said, and I feel that I sounded nasty but I didn't mean too. I mean, how on earth can you say to someone that you don't love them in 'that' way, in a way that won't break their heart? It's impossible, but I know he knows that I don't love him.

But I know nothing will be awkward between us just because I now know he has those feelings for me, when I don't feel that way about him back, but I know that no matter what, there will always be that comfortable silence. Wow, Taylor Swift moment again.

I can't believe I didn't even pick up the things he did that showed he liked me in more then a friendly manner, the almost kiss, the constant hugs, how he was always there for me no matter what, he always loved spending time with me, when he let me sleep on him, those circles he drew on my back with his fingers, how did I not pick it up? It's cause I'm a stupid girl.

My bag begins to vibrate, obviously from my phone. I stop in the middle of the foot path, and move to the side as a girl on bike rides past. I dig into my bag, looking for my phone, once I've grabbed it, I unlock it, seeing two text messages from Shane.

'Hi, babe.'

'Wanna come over? I need to talk to you.'

I reply to Shane's text.

'Hey. :)'

'Yeah. What time?'

My phone vibrates in my hand once again, signaling that Shane's sent a reply.

'ASAP?'

ASAP, must this be important or something? I tap my fingers on the screen, typing up a reply.

'I'm on my way. What's wrong?'

After a few seconds of him not answering, I lock my phone, holding it in my hand in case he decides to text me back anytime soon, I turn around on the foot path and begin heading south to Shane's house, I live on the west side, while Shane lives on the south, Ashton and Luke live in the west side with me, Calum and Michael, I don't know.