Chapter Twenty-Eight

It's Monday. I hate Mondays, in fact I now hate every single day of the week, the days I have school. On Saturday, I went to do the grocery shopping for Mum, she gave me a list of groceries and a hundred dollars to get stuff, she said I could keep the change, and stuff but that doesn't matter, I went food shopping alone without Mum or Lavigne. This girl Penelope from school saw me, she was with Shane, Megan, Sarah and a few other guys. Well, yeah she saw me, pointed at me and said 'Look it's the slut.' I had to cough, because the slut was standing right next to Penelope, the one with the baby bump. Megan's the slut, she's slept with a ton of guys, and she's pregnant, yet I haven't even gone to the sex talk with my boyfriends, nor sex. So, how can I be a slut? If I'm still a virgin, I only got my damn first kiss this year from Shane, but I'm the slut.

They all laughed, then Sarah tripped me over again, I really need to look at the ground to watch their feet next time. I didn't show weakness this time, I smiled, and waved at them, in that nice bitchy way, and walked off ignoring the rest of the stuff they said to me. In the end, I got a nice trip (sarcasm), a kick to the leg, a yank of the hair and a nice bruise on my arm. I won't let them put me down, I like being happy, and I will make sure that they don't knock me down, because their miserable with their own lives.

It started with verbal bullying and now it's beginning to turn physical. Anyway, when I got home I broke down into tears, I didn't want to call Luke, because he's done a lot for me as it is, just being there for me, I didn't call anyone, say anything to anyone or even Mum. I just put the groceries away when I got home, and bolted upstairs. I hid under the blankets and cried. I'm such a fucking weak piece of shit, I should stand up for myself, but instead, I just fake smile, run home and cry.

It's all just…happened too fast.

It's period two, I had just finished HPE Theory, and now I have English with Michael, Luke, Calum and Ashton. It's been weird because…all day today, I haven't said much, this period's the first time I've seen Luke so far during the day, and I know if I keep being quiet he's going to ask questions, questions I have answers too but don't wanna actually tell him. 

But for some reason, today is seriously not my best day, appearance wise. My eyes are a bit red from crying this morning about a text Megan sent to me, telling me that I'm a piece of shit, that Luke hates, that everyone hates me and that I should die. She's putting me down, and for some reason I just can't hold myself up anymore. But just because she said I should die, doesn't mean her wish is going to be granted, I love life, no way in hell am I fucking killing myself because that bitch says so. No way.

But any who, yeah my eyes are red and puffy, I had cried on my way to school today, my hair is frizzy and looking like crap too, I forgot to braid it last night so it's not wavy, I have my curls on full display, which sucks. So, I've kinda just thrown it up into a messy bun, pulled out a few strands of hair, messy. I had to wear my glasses today too, I lost one of my contacts which sucks. I look like shit, I feel like shit and I am a piece of shit.

Great, the bitch has even gotten me to feel negative about myself. But it's not just her fault, I'm letting myself put myself down. If that makes any sense at all.

But for once, I feel comfortable in my school uniform, the weather has been getting cold so I decided to buy a pair of black school pants, they are so comfortable, dresses suck compare to these. 

I pull my sleeve over my left hand, my right hand gripping onto my books. I look like a nerd, I have a bunch of books piled up, the Romeo & Juliet book we're reading in English, a few note books, exercise books, my HPE theory books, my pencil case, damn.

I see Luke walking by, he has his books gripped with one hand, leaning on his side, and his phone in his other hand. His eyebrows are furrowed, and he has that concentrating pout on his face, that ends up being a smile a few seconds later. He waves at me, his phone in his hand, and I smile.