Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

The boys were flipping incredible…just like last time! People had their phone flashes on, swaying their phones to the sound of the music, while I recorded every musical moment of their performance.

Battle of the Bands had just finished, and Luke and I are kicking backstage, while the other guys had been picked up by girls already, just like last time. Why is it that the one I'm closest to, is the one that doesn't get dragged home by some girl?

Just as I thought that, a blue haired girl, with pale skin and a face full of piercings walks up to Luke, and reaches out to intertwine her fingers with Luke's, while running the other through his hair and down his chest. I guess I jinxed it…which is good. She slides her ring-covered hand up his shirt, and I turn away in case this chick decides to start something here, right now. I’d rather not see Luke in an intense PDA with a random chick. Talk about awkward. 

As I walk away, I hear the chick’s voice mumble, Luke replying, and the girl raising her voice slightly in answer. Suddenly, I hear footsteps, and arms wrap themselves around me. I swivel around to see that the girl had left and Luke was the one with his arms around me. Well I guess they aren’t into PDA either. 

"Why did she leave? You could have gone home with her!" I scold him lightly, smacking him in the chest. I was so sure he wanted a girl to pick him up! I guess he either didn't like that girl, or he’s really, really sick. No straight guy like him would deny that kind of offer from a girl unless…he’s gay? Lol, nah. He's too straight to function. Heh, catch my Mean Girls reference? Anyhoo, she probably wasn’t his type. I don't even know the type of girls he's into! It’s not like he’s ever mentioned it before. 

"You’re the only girl I want taking me home, ma bestie!" He coos in a high pitched American teen girl accent. I roll my eyes and smack him in the chest again, giving him a mock-warning look. But he smiles, and fiddles with my fingers.

"Also, um, well, I'm…this is a little embarrassing considering I’m a guy and all…but…I'm a virgin, and I actually don't want to have sex with some girl I won't see in the morning. I want my first time to be with someone I love” he slowly fades out, looking uncomfortable. “Jeez, that sounds really girly" He mumbles, a blush colouring his cheeks as he tried to back away. I yank on his hand, pulling him forward.

Honestly, what he just said was really sweet. There are a few things a girl holds sacred, and our virginity is one of them. Having a guy worry about that kind of thing is really cool to know. I know Shane isn't that type of guy, and I know he’s already lost it, and I know he expects some action sometime soon, but my thoughts are the same as Luke's. I love Shane, but he has yet to know that.

"Nothing's wrong with that. Knowing a guy thinks like that makes it so much easier on insecure girls the world over. There’s too much pressure for girls to give it up to guys at parties and stuff, but knowing there’s at least one guy that isn’t a total douche, is pretty comforting to know. Now, come on, I'm taking you to my place. We can watch 17 Again, since I know how much you love that movie." I declare, grabbing Luke's hand and pulling him behind me. If only every guy thinks like Luke does, this world would have so much peace, and there may not even be such things as rape if every guy and girl thought like that. But unfortunately, we’re not so lucky.

****

We're halfway through 17 Again, and this time I made sure to wear my glasses when watching a movie. Usually I feel like a nerd with them on, especially when around Luke, but I can’t stand having to squint to see the TV. Last time, when we watched Monsters Inc, I didn't wear them and it was a pain in the ass  to watch without any sort eye wear like my glasses or contacts.

"Damn, how do you see in these things? Everything's so…blurry." Luke asks, holding on the sides of the glasses with his hands, looking around the lounge. He takes them off, and hands them back to me.

"I just do" I say, putting my glasses back on, and giving Luke a smile. He smiles back, and goes to say something else but I cut him off. "Shh…I’m trying to watch the movie you idiot" I tut at him, smiling to ease the harshness of my words. I don't actually want to watch this movie.

 When I'm with Luke, I just want to talk, and talk, and talk, and talk. He is really easy going, and just fun to be around. I could live with him, and never get tired off his constant stupidity, ‘cause we'd be stupid together.

"Why don't we just talk?” Luke offers. “I like talking to you, Ness" he admits, looking over at me and smiling.

I focus on the Plasma in front of me for about two seconds, before pausing the TV and turning around to face Luke. I cross my legs, and lean my arm against the back of the couch, and look into Luke's eyes.

"Okay, sure. What do you want to talk about?" I ask, biting my lips as I look down at my knee, I find it weird looking into someone’s eyes for too long. Yeah he was looking back and he has beautiful eyes but it just feels weird. I can’t even maintain eye contact with my own mother, boyfriend or little sister…oh, and teachers. Especially teachers.

"Kinda don't know, actually. I think we've talked about ev- no, wait. Have you been to one of Derek Maxes’ parties?" Luke asks, after stroking his imaginary beard for a few seconds, a smile lighting up his face.

Truth be told, I haven't been to a party before. I don't know why I haven’t; I guess…I just haven’t gotten around to it. I like that type of stuff though, and everyone I know has been drunk before. Maybe that’s one reason why I don’t want to go to a party…I’d rather not take my chances that some douche will spike my drink and that’ll lead to something I’ll really regret.

 "No, I've actually never been to a party. And by Derek Maxes, do you mean that Samoan guy?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows in my thinking mode. Luke nods his head before frowning.

"You've never been to a party? Holy Shit! But you’re like so- you- you’re like the partying type, how- you’re going! You need to go! Fuck, why didn't you tell me earlier, Ness? Josh Klon had one too, the other day." Luke exclaims, jumping out of his seat. I’m just glad no one’s here to hear. Lavigne went to Nan's house, and Mum's at work. 

I eye Luke speculatively, comparing him to Megan and how she’s always saying stuff along the lines of what he was saying. He actually sounds kinda girly right now.

"I don't know. I don’t like the risks that come with partying. Also, I've never been invited" I sigh, gnawing at my lip, as Luke sits back down in his seat. He scoots himself closer to me and wraps an arm around my neck.

"You are going with me whether you like it or not. I'll make sure no dick goes putting an-"

"I'll go, I've always wanted to go to one, but I'm probably going to be watching my damn drink like a hawk." I interrupt his overprotective speech, and place my forehead on Luke's shoulder. I've been really tired lately, because I've been on 'put-Lavigne-to-bed' duty, and she keeps kicking and screaming like a new born baby until three in the morning. It’s probably because of how tired I am, that I failed that English test.

Luke strokes my hair, and wraps his arm around me in a hug. He scoots over to the end of the couch where the arm is, and leans against it. The movie plays, so I'm assuming Luke pressed play, as he begins drawing circles on my back.

"You’re really comfortable to sleep on Luke" I admit drowsily, closing my eyes. My head moves to his chest which begins vibrating from the chuckle that escapes his lips after my sentence. Luke strokes my back, and it's really relaxing.

"You’re pretty cuddly yourself. Like a teddy bear!" He laughs, hugging me closer. I mumble something indiscernible before everything goes black, and I fall asleep.