Chapter 14

☆[Yejin's P.O.V]☆

My life so already hard enough. And now that my dad isn't here. Ha. What is he doing? Finding a new girl to marry.

He would never. He said that he'll keep mom and that she'll come back be I already now.

She's dead.

And yesterday was her day. You know why I didn't go? She was a cheater. But I bet you my dad went and he couldn't take it.

Ha. I've lost a lot. I didn't even live with a mom. My dad lied. He told me that she died when she gave birth to me.

But I found out 15 years later.

I found it in the news. He lied to me, just to keep me safe. And knowing that N didn't tell me to keep me safe?

It reminds me of my dad but that he's younger and cares more about me.

I let a tear fall down me cheek.

☆[Flashback]☆

"A lady was found dead at the Ender River. Her name was the name of Seo Gu-yun. Her estimate time of death was around 9." The news reporter said as I just realized that was my mom's name. She's dead. My dad lied.

I rushed up to my room and locked myself in there.

☆[End of Flashback]☆

I remember that day like it was yesterday. But it was 3 years ago.

And my dad has been doing everything to keep me safe. But he didn't.

Maybe he will in the end.

I felt my phone constantly buzzing. I looked at it and saw the it was a call from N.

What? I thought he was at the hospital.

I picked up my phone and answered his call.

"What do you want?" I asked N and he sighed.

"I.. want to know." He said as I felt a little scared.

"What? What do you want to know?" I asked him and he groaned.

"Your past." He said and I felt the chills.

"What? Why?" I asked him and that's when the call ended.

What? I thought has was still at the hospital. If I see him... I don't know anymore.

I just tried to get some sleep.

☆☆☆[The Next Morning]☆☆☆

I swear, if I see him, I swear.

I walked to the bathroom and just tried to calm down.

I... now way he can't. The doctor said that he'll be fine to leave 2 days. Fine., not able. Ha. Ravi's right I should be a detective.

I quickly walked out of the bathroom and the first thing I see. Yup. N.

I sighed and quickly ducked and walked to my class while ducked.

But before I stared walking I felt my phone constantly buzz.

"N." I said as I bit my lip. I quickly got up and answered the call once I turned the corner.

"N? I thought you were at the hospital still." I said trying to act like that I cared about him.

"Stop acting like you care about me. I you don't." He said as I felt shocked.

I ended the call. W-what? How? I was acting. But I care about him. It just... I don't feel like myself now.

I

quickly rushed to class trying to stay out of N's field of view.

Once I got to my locker I quickly rushed and tried to get my stuff out and when I did. I felt someone behind me. That feeling when me and N had a real conversation. That time I got mad at him for creeping up on me.

I gripped my stuff and waited until he was about to do something I tried to leave be he blocked my way with his arm.

Why is he acting like this? I'm scared of him. I thought I would never be.

"Sacred?" He asked me as I didn't answer but I didn't move.

"Tell me by lunch." He said with a smile than cleared the way from me.

I sighed than nodded and walked to class. The worst part is I sit next to him.

I walked into class with jsmust the same weird filling.

I, I don't trust him anymore. What? Why? What happened? I know what happened. And he wants to know. I have to find a way to-

My phone was buzzing. I looked at it, it was my dad. But doesn't he know that I'm at school? I answered the call anyway.

It was that doctor. He told me that... my dad? My dad's dying?

I quickly rushed to the teacher and told her that I'll be gone cause my dad is dying and she just nodded and told me that she wishes good luck from him.

I quickly biked to the hospital which wasn't far from our house.

I sighed once I got inside.

"How can we help you?" The lady at the counter asked me.

"Um... is my father he um... Gu Jin-hwan." I said and she nodded.

"His in room 128." She said and I nodded than rushed to the room.

When I got there. He was laying pale on the bed. How did he die? He was still young.

"Ah... you must be Gu Ye-jin. Um... Cha Hak-yeon's friend." He said as I nodded and walked to my dad with a walk I've never done before.

"Your dad... he died from alcohol poisoning." He said as I felt the urge to cry.

"But... I'll let you have your moment of silence." He said as he left the room.

I uncovered his body trying to look for his hand and I did. Once I did I held it.

My dad had just died. And I'm crying. At least I know I'll die as a good daughter.

"Dad, I'm sorry. I've been lying to you. And I thought this would never happen. But I'm..." I stopped and started to sob.

"I'm... sorry... I wasn't there... but you.... kept your.... promise." I said as I placed my head on the bed and let the tears fall.

"To keep me safe." I whispered as I continued to cry.

I stayed there for about two hours just waiting. He was strong but.. never that strong.

"Ma'am?" I heard the doctor ask me as I lift my head up.

"Um... you can stay here as long as you want to. We won't be... just you can stay here as long as you want to." He said as I nodded than placed my head back on the bed.

And I shut my eyes cause I've been crying to the point my eyes hurt to even blink.