You Dont Know The True Story

It had been at least 3 hours of explaining to the skeleton brothers what had happened and it was still going on.

"So pretty much next thing I know this flower steals everyone's souls accept frisks and then returns to his normal body, but obviously I couldn't see that because I was blind! And after that fight...I ended up here by following frisk?" Chara stopped and sat on the chair.

Sans nodded."Umm ok...I guess that makes sense? But there's one thing you didn't tell us yet, how did you die? If you knew exactly what your plan was..." he stopped and Chara looked down in guilt.

"Ok...my death was on purpose,ill admit that. I killed myself with the buttercup flowers after realising they were poisonous after Papyrus ate a pie with them in...". They stopped speaking and wiped their eyes.

"You...killed yourself? Did you not like it there?" Papyrus asked concerned. Frisk looked down at the flower who avoided eye contact with everyone and everything. He must be feeling pretty guilty for remembering and his whole family not knowing who he is. The worst pain anyone could go through is going through pain alone.

"No no! I loved it there! You guys were amazing for not killing me and taking me in like you did, after learning about the souls and the barrier in that home school class you taught us, I started to think. What if someone used my soul to cross the barrier...take 6 more souls and set monsters free..." Chara looked at the floor and looked payback up again.

"I needed someone to take my soul...a monster I could trust. So I um...I went to the only friend I ever had and told him my plan..." Chara felt tears run down down their face. Seems telling the truth was so hard since they never told anyone but frisk.

"Who did you ask..." Sans choked out, he knew who they asked but wanted to make sure.

"I asked Gaster. He pretty much burst into fit of laughter till he realised I was serious. It took a few hours of convincing and he agreed. Dumbest thing I've ever done. I ate the flowers and was sick to the point of death. Last thing I remember was telling him it was all gonna be alright and he should forget about me and go get the souls..." chara was now in tears, more and more pouring from their eyes.

"So he took my soul, crossed the barrier . I was in his mind. Some humans came along and began to attack him. I begged for him to fight but even when I screamed and tried forcing for control to kill them. He refused. Then it went black and I woke up next to Frisk... it wasnt until after getting to the castle I learnt what happened. And there was me thinking he got back alright. BUT NO! BECAUSE OF ME HES DEAD! ITS ALL MY BLOODY FAULT!!" Chara screamed in agony as they gripped their hair.

Sans ran over to them and hugged them tightly. "Shh calm down, it's not your or anyone's fault, some humans are vile just like some monsters are, your back now don't regret the past its done it can't be changed. Don't you ever beat yourself up like that again..."

"I'm sorry". Chara mumbled. "I know, stay here and we'll go get some things to watch a movie? Ok?" Sans said before him and Papyrus walked out to get some food and blankets.

Are you ok? Frisk asked. Chara smiled and sobbed. "Yeah, just dandy..." they laughed as they cried. That was very brave of you... Frisk added looked at flowey who just stared in shock at chara. "Yeah because telling my adopted brothers I'm the reason that their sibling is dead is easy...what are you staring at?!" They yelled at flowey who snapped out of his daydream.

"Why are you beating yourself up over that?" He asked his small voice cracking.

"Oh shut up. You don't know the first thing about any of it, not like you care..." they sneered. There is one thing only you can keep from that time in the erm life. Frisk added.

"What would that be?" Hey asked looking confused.

The memories you shared together no one can take them from you no matter how hard they try! Frisk smiled in hope.

"Guess so, you mean all the times I was a horrible excuse of a friend? I ..." they stopped and looked at the locket and opened it as a tear slipped from the corner of their eye. "I... don't deserve this.I never did in the first place..." they sobbed before ripping the locket from their neck, snapping ,the in golden chain and throwing it onto the chair as they ran out of the room.

"... I didn't know how much grief they were in..." flowey mumbled. Frisk picked up the locket and held the chain.

Frisk was determined to fix the chain...

The determination fixed the chain.they put the locked it their jumper pocket before carrying flowey around the castle in his plant pot. "It's going to be hard but, I know they'll get through it, it might even help if someone told them their identity....flowey..". Frisk spoke up and looked down at the flower who shook their head.

"No... they'll hate me for it. It's bad enough seeing them like this" he stopped.

"So you do feel emotions?" Frisk asked keeping their voice quiet.
"For some reason they've been coming back to me, don't ask how, I don't know." He stopped again.

"Let's go find chara I'm sure they need some company right now". Flowey nodded . "Ok" he replied as they walked through the new castle tying to find Chara.