Grief

Frisk and Flowey looked around the castle for Chara. "Where could they have gone?" Flowey asked Frisk who shrugged. They stopped at a corner when Frisk noticed the door to the garden open.

"Look" Frisk whispered. Flowey nodded. Frisk went into the garden and smiled at the scent of the flowers. The trees swished in the breeze and Frisk walked past the small stream that came from a mini waterfall down the path. Frisk walked to a cross path.

"Hmm lets think, Go left" Flowey said looking at the left pathway. Frisk walked down the path flowey had chosen and stopped around a bush when they heard sobbing. Frisk moved the bush carefully with their hand trying not to get pricked by the thorns. The new castle garden was big and spacious and It surprised Frisk that this would be the place that Chara would run to.

"I-im sorry, I-its all my fault" Chara sobbed as they sat on the ground infront of what seemed to be a grave. Sans and Papyrus must have had a new grave made for their little brother. Frisk looked at the grave and realized it was the exact grave from the grave-yard.They must have moved it to the surface.

"What are they doing?" Flowey muttered unable to see. Frisk lifted them above the bush. "oh" Flowey muttered.

Frisk walked out from the bush. "Im sorry" Chara sobbed over and over, their face a bright red from crying.

"Chara" Frisk muttered. Chara tensed up and turned around.

"Frisk?" They asked. Frisk nodded and smiled weakly. Charas eyes widened to see their eyes open.

"Nice eyes...heh." Chara smiled at them. Flowey stayed silent.

"thank you" Frisk replied their voice very quiet due to them being shy.

"You can talk?" Chara asked.

"Yes" Frisk nodded.

"Why didn't you talk before?" Chara asked.

"I preferred to not talk or see so then I would only be able to judge people on their personality, that and I hate my eyes and voice." Frisk stopped.

"Oh" Chara muttered.

"What are you doing?" Frisk asked.Chara looked back at the grave and then back at Frisk and the flower.

"I could ask you the same question." Chara smirked wiping their tears from their eyes.

"I asked First" Frisk glared smirking.

"I was just, Umm Looking at the flowers?" Chara shrugged.

"Liar" Flowey hissed.

"Then what was I doing hmm weed?" Chara growled back.

"You were beating yourself up over that kids death and crying, thats what you were doing." Flowey said glaring.

"Whatever" Chara crossed their arms.

"Anyways its the anniversary of my 'death' in 2 days so I thought id pay my respects!" Chara hissed.

"Ok" Flowey spat back looking away.

"Come on lets go inside! and please dont tell anyone I can talk, I dont want to" Frisk pleaded.

"Deal" Chara smiled and followed Frisk inside. Chara walked infront and Frisk looked back at the grave then at the flower in their hands and sighed.

How long can they keep this secret hidden for?