4

I walked into the house and closed the door behind me, then made sure it was locked before walking into the kitchen.

My mom was at work and she didn't get off until 8 at night. I had to cook before she got home, but I still had a couple of hours left to do so.

It was only 4 and the first thing I was gonna do was get a shower, eat, then take a nap.

I set my book bag onto the kitchen table then went over to the pantry to retrieve the dog food.

I grabbed the small bag and went over to Trixie's pink dog bowl and poured a little inside. I took her water bowl and filled it up with water before sitting it back down on the floor.

She came running in moments later as I put the dog food back where it belonged.

I grabbed my book bag and dragged myself up the narrow stairs. Entering my room, I went over to my window and opened the curtains.

Usually I'd open all of the curtains in my room because I liked for it to be a little sun light to be inside, but now since Jahseh lived next door and his window had no blinds or curtains, I sorta felt uncomfortable.

He could see any and everything that went on in my room, and I could see the same.

Im not sure who designed these houses, but they should have built them a little more spaced apart.

The only thing that separated them was the narrow tree that sat in between the both of our windows and the backyard since there was a fence around it.

I looked over into Jahseh's room and noticed that he had it set up the way he wanted it.

Everything in his room was black.

The bed sheets, the carpet, the dresser, and etc.

The posters on his wall left me curious. One poster was of a man holding a knife up on to his neck with his eyes rolled to the back of his head.

Another poster resembled a hand that said Kill me and a few other tattoo prints on the fingers.

Everything in his room was so dark and gloomy, it almost scared me.

He was beyond weird and there wasn't a doubt about it.

I went over to my dresser and pulled out some sleeping clothes. I wasn't going anywhere today and I definitely wasn't going outside, so why not get comfortable?

I took my clothes and went into my bathroom, closing and locking the door behind me.

Although I was home alone, I always locked the bathroom door behind me no matter where I was at. It was just common sense.

I placed my clothes on the sink then went over to the shower. I turned the water on and stepped out of my clothes, relieved after taking off my bra.

I put hand under the water to make sure it was hot enough, before stepping in.

I bathed for a good 15 minutes then hopped out. I lotioned up my body then sheepishly put on my clothes.

I was extremely tired from practice and doing all of that running around.

Leaving out of the bathroom with my dirty clothes in my hands, I walked over to the hamper and placed them inside.

Jahseh was now in his room and thankfully he wasn't playing that really loud music.

He was sitting at his computer desk with earplugs in his ears while nodding his head.

His eyes were closed as he continued nodding.

I left my room and went downstairs to find me something to eat. I settled on a sandwich, some doritos, fruit gushers, and a gatorade.

After I ate I laid in my bed and begin to doze off.

Thats when I heard the sounds of a really loud bass began to play. I guess I had spoken too soon.