9

Aiden and I sat the table eating the food I had cooked for us. Loud music could be heard upstairs but we managed to ignore it. Aiden was use to it so it didn't really bother him much.

"So how do you like it down here so far?" I asked starting up an conversation.

"It's okay. I really miss my own home though. And my friends, and my grandma, and my aunty meg" He said pushing his corn around with his fork.

"Why did you guys move?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Jahseh got kicked out of his school again, and he got us kicked out of our apartment" He said making an angry face.

"Oh.... what did he do to get kicked out your old apartment?"

I knew that I shouldn't have been asking a 6 year old all of this stuff about their lives and his life, but I had became curious after awhile.

"His loud music. Mommy would tell him to turn it down but he never listens. And he used to punch holes in the wall and the landlord got really mad" He nodded.

I wasn't surprised Jahseh was punching holes in the walls do to him beating up Eric on his first week down here.

The way he was punching Eric looked as if he were trying to literally break his face in. So now I knew for sure that he was violent and probably had anger issues.

"Did.... Jahseh have a girlfriend?" I asked out the random.

"Yes, but they broke when we moved" He informed.

"Did they love each other?"

"Yes. Why do you keep asking me all these questions?!" He asked.

"Im just curious" I laughed.

Aiden looked at me and a sly smile formed on his face. He was grinning extra hard while his eyes squinted at me.

"Do you like him?" He asked me causing me to almost choke on my water.

"What? No. Thats crazy he's not my type" I explained.

"Girls that like my brother always ask me questions about him, im not stupid!" He shouted.

"Okay I don't. Now eat your food because it's getting late and you need to take a bath" I told him.

After he finished his food I ran the bath water so that he could take his shower. After that I got out his sleeping clothes,
I helped get him dressed and then into bed.

"Goodnight Aiden" I told him getting off the edge of his bed.

"Goodnight Taylor. Can you tell Jahseh to turn his music down? I cant sleep" He said.

I hesitantly nodded my head before turning off his light and the closing the door.

Although I didn't want to interrupt Jahseh and his music, I had no choice because Aiden wanted his sleep.

I crept down the narrow hallway slowly until I reached Jahseh's closed door.

I knocked on it thinking that he could actually hear me over that loud music.

I knocked harder and harder but he still didn't come to the door.

I twisted the nob and pushed his door open enough to where I could see him sitting at his computer desk.