7

Over the next few days I found myself staying at home doing nothing as usual. Today, I decided to invite Ashaunti over after school since I was bored and needed some company.

The doorbell rung so I picked myself up off the bed and jogged downstairs.

Unlocking and opening up the front door I came face to face with not only Ashaunti, But Mario, Cj, and Darius as well.

"Surprise! Headass" Cj said letting himself inside my house first.

I stood there as they all followed him in, then closed the door behind them. I locked it back confused on who the hell invited the rest of them over here.

"Sorry. Darius gave me a ride and they all followed and decided to come over as well" Ashaunti spoke.

Darius headed into the kitchen while Mario went over plopping down on the couch, propping his feet up on the coffee table.

He grabbed the remote and turned the tv on while Cj jogged up the stairs.

"Ooo, who chipotle?" Darius called from the kitchen.

"Hell no. Don't touch my shit!" I yelled making my way into the kitchen to stop him before his fat ass ate my food.

••••

"Cj leave my makeup alone" I said to him who was standing at my dresser opening and examining all of my make up products.

I felt like I was dealing with 3 big 2 year olds. They were all driving me insane and Ashaunti and I were just trying to watch some tv.

"Y'all wouldn't believe what the fuck happened me yesterday" Mario said getting in my bed laying between Ashaunti and I.

"You wouldn't believe that we don't care" Ashaunti said causing him to pop her on her thigh.

"Shut the fuck up and listen. So there I was walking down the street" Mario started, sounding like a narrator from a book or a movie.

"Yo, aint that dat weird ass nigga in our chemistry class?" Darius asked standing at my window.

"Yes" I responded knowing that he was obviously talking about Jahseh.

"Aye yall Taylor be staring the fuck out of the creepy ass nigga" Darius informed.

"No I don't" I quickly denied.

Over the past few days, Id been catching myself glancing over at Jahseh a little too much in class. It was only because I was curious about him now. I was curious on why he dressed the way he did, why he never smiled, and why he never talked to anyone.

"I be seeing you bro. Why you aint tell me you lived next door to this nigga?" He asked me.

"Because thats not important"

"He's cute. I don't know what yall be talking about" Ashaunti said looking at me.

"Yeah he's cute, but he's weird" I told her.

"Dat nigga gay he be wearing chokers and shit. What he playing? Mortal kombat?" Darius asked looking harder into his room.

"Darius! Give the boy some privacy" I told him since he was all up in his window.

The doorbell rung before he could say anything back. I scrunched my eyebrows and climbed out of the bed.

"Expecting somebody else?" Cj asked me as I headed over towards my room door.

"No" I said confused.

I made my way downstairs and went up to the front door asking who was there. After hearing Ms.Cleopatra from next door, I unlocked the locks on the door then pulled it open.

"Hey Taylor. Is your mother home?" She asked me.

"No she works during the day" I informed her.

"Oh because I was wondering if you or her would be okay with watching Aiden this weekend while I go away out of town to visit my parents" She said.

I was confused on why she was asking us to watch Aiden when Jahseh was old enough to watch him, unless he was going with her.

"Oh... well I don't mind at all. My mom has work so she probably wouldn't be able to do it. But I will" I told her.

"Great! Thank you so much. Jahseh is irresponsible and I know that he wouldn't pay any bit of attention to his little brother" She said to me while rolling her eyes.

"I'll pay you whatever you want any price is fine. But you may have to come over next door because im sure Aiden isn't going to be comfortable with leaving the house after I finally got him to settle down to it and finally stop crying about sleeping in his new room" She said.

"Okay, thats not a problem"

"Thank you so much Taylor"

"No problem" I said giving her a small smile.

She gave me a smile before walking off and heading back over to her property.