33

excuse any mistakes I didn't feel like reading over this chapter.

"Two Fs?!" I said staring down at my report card. My mom was going to kill me if she seen these grades.

"Well.... I got straight A's" Jahseh told me looking up from his report card. I looked up at him as he passed me his paper.

I was shocked since he actually did have straight A's. I wasn't sure how he managed to pull it off when all he did was fall asleep in the back of the classroom or play on his phone the entire period.

I handed him back his report card and sighed. Just then, my mom walked in the house with bags of groceries in her hands.

"Oh, hi Jahseh" She said closing the door behind her.

I quickly hid my report card causing Jahseh to snicker.

"Hey Ms.Tory"

"What are you kids up to?" She asked going into the kitchen.

"Nothing much just looking over our report cards" He answered.

I looked at him wide eyed then punched him in his arm. He looked at me and rubbed the spot I had hit him in.

"Oh you guys got report cards today?"

"No, I was kidding" He said smirking at me.

"Mom we're gonna go for a walk. We'll be back" I said getting up. I grabbed Jahseh's hand and pulled him up off the couch.

When we made it outside I closed the door behind us and led him to the side walk.

"Where we going?"

"To walk. I was getting bored just sitting there. Besides my mom was going to start being annoying, asking me to put the groceries up and etcetera"

"Lets go downtown to that ice cream place" He said.

"Really. Ice cream?"

"Dont act like we're too old for ice cream. I could be 87 and I'd still go out to get myself a ice cream Sunday with sprinkles" He said giving my ass a hard smack.

"Ow! Okay, dont do that" I said pushing him.

We ended up downtown momentarily. The ice cream place was right next to the arcade so we headed more over towards the west.

He went ahead of me and opened the door letting me walk in first. He then followed me inside and surprisingly there were a good amount of people hanging around.

Probably because of how hot it was outside.

Jahseh and I went and got in the line and stood behind everyone else. There were a bunch of teenagers around our age sitting at tables laughing and talking.

"Im gonna go get us a table before they're all taken up. Get me a vanilla ice cream cone" I told Jahseh.

He nodded his head and I walked off. I went over to a table by the window and sat down.

So that I wouldn't look all lonely and bored, I pulled out my phone seeing that I had a text from Stokeley.

Stokeley🤙🏽- YOOO

I texted him back then went on to my instagram. The bell over the door rung signaling that someone had walked in.

I looked up and seen two light skinned boys peering over at me.