11

I sat in class writing down my notes as I impatiently waited for the bell to ring. Lunch was next and I was eager to get out of this boring class.

After 10 minutes of writing down bullshit the bell rung and I quickly closed my notebook.

I put everything in my book bag, zipped it up and left the class. I began walking down the hall when I spotted Jahseh coming out of his classroom.

Over the past few days him and I had been talking here and there; so I guess you could say I was quite comfortable being around him now.

He had this bored look on his face as always, as people pushed past him.

"Jahseh!" I called out to him.

He turned around and looked everywhere until his eyes met mine. I caught up to him and we began walking down the hall together.

"Hey, where you going?" I asked him.

"Home"

"Is that where you go everyday for lunch?"

"Nah but thats where i'm going today." He said.

"No, come to the cafeteria with me please"

"Why?"

"I want you to sit with me and my friends"

"Taylor I already told you–

"I know what you said but Jaseh come on. You need to start associating more. Seriously" I said continuing to follow him.

"Taylor..."

"Jahseh"

He looked at me and gave me a look, causing me to laugh. He finally let out a sigh and gave in.

"Alright. Just this one time" He said.

"Okay. I promise you'll like them"

I led Jahseh down the hall until we reached the cafeteria. Some people that I knew spoke to me here and there as we walked together, then they'd give me a funny look when they seen Jahseh walking next to me.

I ignored it though. I searched around the cafeteria until I spotted Kayla and Ashaunti sitting at the table with the rest of the boys.

I walked Jahseh over to them and to my luck, there were two available seats just  for him and I.

"Hey Tay" Ashaunti said as I sat down.

Jahseh sat down beside of me, as Cj and the boys stopped their conversations to stare at him.

"Hey guys" I spoke.

"Hey... why is he sitting with us?" Kayla asked whispering the last part to me.

"Oh um yall I invited Jahseh to sit with us today." I announced.

"Jahseh this is Cj, Darius, Mario, Marco, Kayla, and Ashaunti. Guys, Jahseh" I introduced.

"We know who he is" Darius said.

"Weird ass" Cj said in between fake coughs, causing them to laugh.

I looked over at Jahseh and he only stared at them. His face showed literally no emotions.

"Can we go get food? Im starving" Ashaunti said.