13

Lately i've been hanging out with Jahseh awfully a lot, and I think that it was starting to affect the way people looked at me and treated me at school.

Everyone I knew had been acting shady towards me from my friends to my associates but I didn't think much of it. I just simply brushed it off.

Jahseh and I sat in the back of the class snickering as the teacher went off on the entire class. Mrs.Baker was upset because everyone scored 70% or lower on that hard ass test she had given us two days ago.

I didn't even remember half of the shit that was on that paper and neither did anyone else in the class.

When the bell rung the both of us got up and headed out.

"We still going to the mall later?" I asked Jahseh.

The other day he had promised me he'd come to the mall with me so that I could buy me some new clothes and a new bikini for this beach party that was coming up.

"I guess" He shrugged.

"Okay. Meet me by my locker after school" I told him as we began going our separate ways.

"Don't forget!" I called after him.

I made my way down the hall to Kayla's locker where her, Cj, and Marco were standing.

"Hey guys" I said.

They all stopped their conversations and looked at me.

"Hey Tay" Kayla sighed.

"We seen you walking with your new lil boyfriend" Cj said.

"My boyfriend?" I scrunched my eyebrows "Jahseh's not my boyfriend if thats who you're referring to"

"Ima catch yall after class" Marco said to Kayla and Cj before walking off.

I watched him walk away as Cj came up with an excuse to leave as well. I turned and looked at Kayla, waiting for her to explain on what that was all about.

"They're in bad moods today.. But anyways, you wana go get our nails done today after school?" Kayla asked.

"I um sorta already scheduled to go to the mall today with Jahseh" I said gritting my teeth with a sorrow look on my face.

"Taylor" She whined.

"We can go tomorrow, I promise"

"Okay whatever. Lets get to this lame ass class before Ms.Tee try to write us up for being late again" She said.

I nodded my head and followed her down the hallway to our 6th period class.

-

"This one or this one?" I asked Jahseh holding up the two bikinis.

He looked up from his phone and examined the pink two piece, then the red one piece that showed some side skin.

"The pink one" He said before looking back down at his phone.

"Why are you buying a new bikini again?" He asked.

"For this beach party someone's throwing a day after the football game. You should come" I suggested looking through more bikinis to see if I liked something else.

"Why are you always trying to invite me somewhere with you?" He asked.

"Because you're new here and thats what I'm supposed to do. You dont want to be a home body all the time, do you?"

"Yes"

I rolled my eyes and continued to browse.

"Do you want to come or not?"

"Not"

"Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy" I said mugging him. "Are you at least coming to the football game?"

I had learned his full name from his mom when she came into his room screaming at him about leaving his clothes all over the place. My window was up, and so was his so I was trying my hardest not to laugh when it was going on.

"You know i'm not social. I don't attend to shit like that" He said playing with one of his dreads while his phone was still glued in his other hand.

"Come for me. Im going to be cheerleading. You dont even have to stay the whole time just come for a little" I tried to begged.

"Why can I never say no to you?" He asked looking up at me.

"Because im your bestfriend and bestfriends dont tell each other no" I fake smiled innocently at him.

He raised his eyebrows and then I finally decided on the pink bathing suit he had picked out.

"Okay lets go"

We went to the front of the store to the cashier and got my stuff rung up. I paid for everything then left out of the store with 4 bags in my hands.

"Im so excited you just don't understand. This is our first football game" I squealed happily.

"I guess i'll be there to support you if thats what bestfriends do" He said putting his hand on the top of my head and ruffling up my hair.

I slapped his hand away as we continued to walk through the mall plaza.

<>

This was short as hell but im probably gona update one more chapter after this one later, im not sure.

but stay tuned cause its about to goooo down.