20

1 month later

Jahseh and I have grown so much.

He really put me in a state of mind where I had just stopped giving a fuck about certain things. I've learned to accept the fact that no one really wanted to hang with me anymore besides Ashaunti. I also learned that I didn't need a damn soul to be my friend.

Ms.cleopatra, Aiden and I had gotten closer as well. And my mom had grown closer to Jahseh.

They were use to us hanging out at each other's houses and coming around daily, but we weren't allowed to be upstairs or anywhere else alone.

My mom assumed I liked Jahseh but I convinced her that, that was crazy and he was definitely not my type. Of course that was a lie, I just didn't want to have my mom thinking me and him would be sneaking around and doing things behind her back--- even though we were.

I've noticed lately how Jahseh wasn't acting himself around me anymore... He went back to hiding in his little shell and acting all different around me as well.

I wasn't sure what his problem was but I figured he was just starting to get home sick and missed being back in Florida.

I slid on my shoes and made my way downstairs. My mom was off of work today so she was just sitting on the couch catching up on love and hip hop.

"I'll be back mom, I'm going to go talk to Ms.Cleopatra. " I told her.

"Okay"

I went out the door and closed it behind me crossing over yards. I made it up to their front porch and knocked on the door three good times.

Not long after,  Ms.Cleo came to the door as expected.

"Hey Tay" she said smiling.

"Hi.... is it okay if I talk to you for a second?" I questioned.

"Sure"

She stepped outside and closed the door behind her. I shoved my hands in my back pockets while she stood in the doorway.

"Jahseh' s been acting weird lately" I blurted out.

"He's always acting weird Taylor. He's a little bipolar" she chuckled.

"I mean yeah, but he's not acting like himself around me anymore. Me and him barely even hang out anymore. He's starting to act the way he use to act when him and I first met, and it's upsetting me because I don't know what I did to him." I explained.

"Okay listen. I know my son. He's always been a little gloomy and depressed and I noticed that once we moved down here it's gotten worse. Back in Florida, he was a little more crazy and outspoken but that was because he was always around all his wild friends. It's nothing you did to him, he's probably just home sick" she said.

"That's what I was thinking..."

"The reason why I moved us away from Florida was to get him away from the shit he used to get into- because honey, he was terrible. I didn't want to take him away from all his friends, cousins , and family but he left me no choice. If we continued to live there he could've ended up hurt or got himself killed down there."

"Being down in there in broward I worried every night whenever he left, that the police would come knocking on my door telling me my son was dead or they had him in custody again. Being a single mother of two boys is very hard and he only made things worse for me. I love him and Aiden both to pieces but I couldn't take it anymore. I moved the three of us down here to start a fresh new life and get him to change his ways, you know?" She explained.

Everything she said hit me deep but I nodded my head completely understanding.

"I get exactly where you're coming from Ms.Cleo but I hate to see him act this way. Is there at least any way you could like... instead of going back home where you don't want to go, bring something from home back to him?" I asked her.

"What exactly do you mean by that?"

"Like a friend or a cousin, or Someone really close to him? Spring break starts next week maybe someone from Florida could come and stay with you guys until school starts back" I suggested.

Her eyes studied me for a brief second before a small smirk grew across her face.

"You know Taylor, I like more than any other girl Jahseh has ever brought around me. You care about him so much I appreciate you for that. He deserves a girl like you" she said.

"That's what good friends are for" I told her smiling proudly.

"Oh please. You two can't fool me with this friend thing. Miss me with that... trust me, I was a teenager once too" she said side eye smirking at me.

"But he has this one boy he use to hang around. He was like my third son since he came around every single day. His name is Stokeley" she said.

I remembered Jahseh speaking of him one time before so maybe he was the one we needed to call.

"Is there any way I could contact him?" I asked her.

"I have his number" she said.

I smiled joyfully as she gave me his number to call. Hopefully he would pick up and come through for Jahseh.

I honestly did hate seeing him like this. Mad, depressed, and quiet. If anything I wanted to see that heart warming smile of his.

But after taking the number from her, I thanked her then went back over to my yard.

I was more than happy to get in touch with this Stokeley guy.

<>

Tbh, I didn't think I would get this far with this book😭. I was playing around with it and didn't even think I would publish more than 5 chapters of it- We deadass made it to #270 in the fan fiction category.

Anyways did you guys see X's freestyle on xxl? There was mad hate but he did fucking good.

And did y'all hear ski's new songs from Youwillregret? It's liittttt.